Gerald Beranek donation thread (OLD THREAD!)

Donations for Jerry

• Yes!

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Hmmmmm...

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No!

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Too late Butch, he's gone already. Last activity on the forum 11 minutes ago.

Anyway, I hope you're doing well Jerry. How about grossing us out with some fresh pictures of the foot?
:P

Hi, Butch, everyone

Terri, brought the mail home this weekend and what do you think I found. Yup, letters and donations from members of the Tree House Forums.

To those that sent in donations I packaged up some books and videos for you to enjoy. The new second edition of High Climbers has over sixty additional photos in it, plus a little bit of formatting and corrected spelling, especially with names.

The videos are conglomerations of much footage catagorized and put together over the years. Old Growth, nearly two hours, is all old growth trees being harvested and features many of the people featured in High Climbers.

Second Growth is another conglomeration nearly two hours long featuring my friends at work cutting mostly second growth timber. There's ever a little bit of my self in that one. There's also a little short on burning slash during the fall. All hand fed fires. The woods was clean as a dinner plate when we finished.

GRCS is about the GRCS demo I did for Greg Good and includes the drop test video Frans orchastrated.mispell. It finishes up with a removal of a moderate size white oak in Shyster Creek Vinyards. Featuring an all star cast and of course the GRCS. It's about 70 minutes.

Helmet Cam Views is 47 minutes of Helmet Cam footage I cobbled together. Lots of action in this one plus views from the tree tops on the coast and comments about features we all find in the trees while we work. It just so happens I was working on an educational video compiled mostly of helmet cam perspectives before the accident.

Recreational Climber is nearly two hours long and features a lot of people climbing their hearts out in the tall trees. Spruce, Pine, redwood. There's someting like 6 or seven titles in that disk. Trampoline is one of my favorites. Lots of fun and some fantastic trees. The titles in this disk have music sound tracks and some are even narratted.mispell.

I have other titles coming up but haven't been able to sit at the computer long enough to do much. Blood rushs to my foot and swells like a balloon and hurts like hell and I loose my concentration. In spite of all that it is getting better a little everyday.

I can't thank you guys enough for your support and help getting through this ordeal. The contributions you've sent help a lot. I never really expected it and must admit that I have to choke up my pride to accept any charity. That's something my mother instilled in all the kids, but realize now that you just got to let it go sometimes.

Thank you so much,

Jerry B

Hey, Butch, please send me your address again so I can get a parcel your way, right away. Thanks, man!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad we could be of aid to you in your time of trouble!!! :beer:

Now keep that foot UP!!!

Jerry,

I got my "Fundamentals..." book and 3 videos...very cool surprise...thanks for the surprise videos. Carl (Lumberjack) had just arrived here to link up to go to Andersonville and I was able to send one of the vids home with him.

Keep 'er propped up, glad you are progressing.

Thank you Jerry for the books and CD's. They were on my doorstep when I got home from work today. The books will take over the coveted 'middle of the coffee table' location and I look forward to reading both of them in the next several days. The CD's will be watched and shared with a few other local climbers who aren't online.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

This was totally unexpected but much appreciated. Best wishes and get well soon so you can go kick that crane operator in the ass!
:lol:

Really the least I could do for all that's been given. I didn't know until yesterday the money was generated from the Auction of your 038. So many of the threads and posts were going on without my realization. I just read "038 auction" and, since I had no need for one, I left it at that.

I'm still not entirely sure who was the winning bidder. Could you supply me their name and address. Some books and videos should be due them also.

Again, thank you all

Jerry B

Just got off the phone with Royman, I've got dibs on one of the books you signed for him Jerry! I'm stoked. He was real excited and honored that you put him in there.

jp:D

I think he is just hanging in there.
Terry is really doing a great job with caring for him

Don't know what I would do without her right now. I've been so dependent. As a matter of fact she just changed my bandages, brought my coffee and is now making breakfast.

I'm a lucky guy

Don't know what I would do without her right now. I've been so dependent. As a matter of fact she just changed my bandages, brought my coffee and is now making breakfast.

I'm a lucky guy

Other than the injury thing, that doesn't sound so bad.

i asked my wife to make me breakfast and coffee this morning and she just laughed at me :)

Back