Generator

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
We are going to buy a new generator soon. We use it to power a drill for cabling and the GRCS. We also use it to power the book heater on our truck on really cold days. Besides that, it mostly gets used to power our home freezers and sump pumps after storms go through.

What size and brand would you recommend? We want a good one. We bought a cheap one last time and it works, but it's time for a bigger and better one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, the Honda's are tough to beat! Quiet, reliable and create a lot of power for no bigger than they are!

The 2000 might be too small, but I have tons of time using one. They are awesome. Just buy a big enough Honda to suit your needs, and you will be fine.:D

My small one is a Honda; quiet and reliable for the home front.
For longer time periods and higher power needs I use my Lincoln Weldanpower, though it is not quiet and not efficient...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What about a Honda engine on a different companies generator? I was looking at one from Sams Club that has a Honda engine but it's some other name brand.

Has anyone used Generac? It's a WI based company that is starting to get a great reputation.

My buddy had a generac stand by unit for his house that crapped the bed twice.
Buy a honda brand genny they have one of the smoothest power band supplies or buy a miller welder/generator, not as quiet but you can weld stuff and have more than enough power for your house/shop.
The motor counts for the reliability but the quality of the coil is what keeps the power flowing nice and smooth.
P.S. Miller is made up in your neck of the woods by Neenah I think.

Another eu2000i vote. Mine has been great and I know another couple people who have had theirs for years. They're worth the money.

I own a Yamaha 3000 inverter . Weighs about 154 lbs .Compact and runs quieter and better then the Hondas in my opinion.
From years of experience at RV campgrounds alongside other campers with Hondas.

My old supervisor has a Honda. He's said its great, though touchy. If it sits longer than it should with gas, it has been finicky. Hard to access carb on his 3000 w Honda. Marvel Mystery Oil sorted it. Simply keep it maintained/ drained as needed, and it sounds like a dependable, quiet, fuel efficient option .

Alright.... That's about that. Honda it is. Thanks for the feed back.

Honda's are great for small, portable power. Not sure how well one of the little ones will pull refrigerators and freezers. Mine's a 6500 watt/8250 surge watt. It'll run the refrigerator and both my freezers at once. I flip a couple of breakers when I need to run up some water. The pump nearly overloads it while it's pulling the freezers too.

Back