Gaffing out?

I feel I have a nice cross, the gaffs I purchased second hand had some funky profile, thanks to a link provided by Burnham I reshaped the gaff within the specs outlined, it's longer than pole and shorter than tree gaffs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I used my boss's bashlins today with pole gaffs. Im ording some tonight from tree stuff. The balance was first rate.

I switched to tree spikes last year and haven't gone back to poles. I own both and they're both bashlins. I find it hard to switch back. I got used to where my feet needed to be and it's like learning all over again when I try to use the pole gaffs

Hey Charles, before too long order a replacement set of Bashlin lower straps. I like that Nybuk material on everything for its durability. That way when your lowers wear out you won't be tempted to cut the Bashlin triangle that holds their two peice straps.

Also Bashlin does take caddy pads with about 5 min. of cleaning up burs with a file.

Received my New hooks today courtesy of Treestuff and my wallet. Did a climb on them today and its like night and day should have bought them a long time ago. Also, made me a 2 in 1 lanyard for leap frogging through the limbs. Awesome is all I can say ....Climb was on a pine 2 ft diameter at waist level.

It is a awesome deal,:D I was halfway up the pine I practice on and idk, The confidence grew fast with those hooks. Even when I was in the top were it's I would say 6 inch dia. I brought one knee up and the balance was there, Not a record breaking time but 50ft leap frogging limbs to the top and setting up to ddrt back down in just over 8 min. :D. That's a hands down improvement for me.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast . I didn't get overzealous. I didn't rush anything it was just smooth , I guess is the best way to explain it.

Back