Francital Chainsaw Trousers Info

canadianclimber

TreeHouser
Just looking to see if anyone owns a pair and could give a review? Treestuff has them with 15% off right now.

https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=3532

FI067A.jpg

Look good, high chainspeed protection, don't have to worry about sawdust in the pockets with the zippers and flaps. Slim fitting for climbing wearing a saddle. High back for lower back and kidneys.
May be hot in summer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Holmentree, All good observations that I agree with. Unfortunately I don't think a pant exists that will be cool for summer work. Wondering how durable they maybe after a few months of work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you decide to go for them the coupon code is: TCIA and you get 15% off. Pfanner has some pants in the sale section of Treestuff as well

I've never understood why chainsaw pants have that high back...what's the reason?
Do most men suffer from chronic plumber butt?

I've never understood why chainsaw pants have that high back...what's the reason?
Do most men suffer from chronic plumber butt?
The high back offers protection for the lower back keeping the muscles warmed up which helps reduce lower back problems.
Also when the suspenders are attached to it there is less stress on the lower vertebrae at the waist.
I even heard the kidneys benifit from the high back coverage also.

Well Nick I guess you can't think of anything.
Take a look at the forestry grade cutters pants from Stihl and Husqvarna for example with their high backs. I've worn these pants for years and and can say I've had fewer lower back injuries while logging and doing treework because I was keeping that area warm and free of chills .
Ask a physio or sports therapist about warming a muscle up and keeping it warm to help prevent injury when doing strenuous activity.

Hey, Nick can't help it.
It doesn't get cold enough in LA to chill anybody's backside.

The Helly Hansen loggers fleece jackets that all Scandinavian loggers use, have a "flap" hanging down in the back, for the exact same reason.
Keeping your lower back warm when you bend over.

I'm down with the idea that a warmer back is less injury prone. What I doubt is that that little 2" flap is actually enough to keep the lower back warm.

Why isn't the purpose of the flap listed on any website? Interesting.

I thought I read once that it helps keep saw chips out of your pants- but on mine it seems to do the opposite.

love
nick

Stig,

What do you prefer for leg protection logging?

Stihl chainsaw pants. more flexible and better breathability than the pfanner.

Also damned expensive and don't last more than a sason.

[Quotes=NickfromWI;617702]I'm down with the idea that a warmer back is less injury prone. What I doubt is that that little 2" flap is actually enough to keep the lower back warm.

Why isn't the purpose of the flap listed on any website? Interesting.

I thought I read once that it helps keep saw chips out of your pants- but on mine it seems to do the opposite.

love
nick[/QUOTE]
Those high backs go from 3" to 4" above the waist. My Husqvarna pants are 4". Plenty to "comfort" your lower back.
Website information? The features manufacturers advertise gets lost in the translation over the years now its usually just referred as "comfort", Its the veteran endusers like Stig and I who know what its good for from years of experience.

So show some respect and listen to your elders ......maybe you'll learn something:)

Website information? The features manufacturers advertise gets lost in the translation over the years ...

No way. Don't believe it. What you are suggestion would be a revolutionary feature that we would see EVERYWHERE. To think that all the chainsaw-pants manufactures and retailers "forgot" what it's for is just plain silly.

Though it might provide that back warming sensation for you, I don't think it makes a difference anyone can count on. If back warmth was the answer, everyone would be wearing fuzzy fleece belly wraps to keep their lumbar region toasty. No one does that and no one recommends that. Seriously- if this was the case, I believe every UPS and FedEx employee would be required to wear them, TCIA and every insurance company would require back warmers, the workers comp programs would give discounts if your workers wore them, etc.

...So show some respect and listen to your elders ......maybe you'll learn something:)

Ummmm..... Maybe if you get out of the dark ages and find some documentable proof somewhere online and share that with us young bucks, we won't banish you to a rocking chair on the front porch to do your whittling....in a back warmer!! :)

love
nick

That's called a closed mind. Willard isn't speaking from suspicion. He made a big portion of his career in the woods of Canada making volumes of wood that would most likely make most men gasp. Canadian logging is a tiny bit different then pruning in LA. Id take a minute to consider the source and possibly absorb the knowledge.

No way. Don't believe it. What you are suggestion would be a revolutionary feature that we would see EVERYWHERE. To think that all the chainsaw-pants manufactures and retailers "forgot" what it's for is just plain silly.

Though it might provide that back warming sensation for you, I don't think it makes a difference anyone can count on. If back warmth was the answer, everyone would be wearing fuzzy fleece belly wraps to keep their lumbar region toasty. No one does that and no one recommends that. Seriously- if this was the case, I believe every UPS and FedEx employee would be required to wear them, TCIA and every insurance company would require back warmers, the workers comp programs would give discounts if your workers wore them, etc.

Ummmm..... Maybe if you get out of the dark ages and find some documentable proof somewhere online and share that with us young bucks, we won't banish you to a rocking chair on the front porch to do your whittling....in a back warmer!! :)

love
nick
Man you are a complete frigging moron:lol:

Lower back support/heating material is not revolutionary. Its new to you. You wont see it pop up everywhere, because it is not a necessary part of a workers garb in all regions. Clear cut land in -20 degrees, and you'll get a better feel for tools, and clothing unknown to you.

All I'm saying is that when I go to the websites to find out what the mfrs say it's for, they never even mention it other than to say "back flap."

So in his experience, that's what it's for. In my experience rope splicing is easy, intuitive and can be done with little regard to the specifics in the manufacturers directions. But really is it?

love
nick

Back