Francital Chainsaw Trousers Info

Who sells the euro ones?

I only paid a c note for these. They are brand new. I dont feel to bad. They will be great for logging, and warmth during the winter.

Good snow mobile pants, lol.

FOr a hundred you cant go wrong. You can buy the Euro ones from Europe or (is this shamelss plugging now?) TreeStuff will be carrying them within 2-3 months. There is a big demand for em and they wont go on sale anytime soon. They are steep at $300 but they are pretty nice. You could get a Euro style cheaper pant, which might have some of the same benefits.

Keep in mind, while they will stop a chainsaw they definitely arent US standard. Not that many people would know the difference or even cite a guy wearing chainsaw pants, but officially they dont count as PPE to the OSHA man.

Here are the Euro (left-lighter color padding) and the US (right-darker color padding)

ypugynaq.jpg

In these two photos the strip in the middle is the UN-padded part, its on the back of the leg. You see the vents on the Euros.

ura6a5u5.jpg
ra5ejyja.jpg

Here is the padding compressed. The Euro is the lighter colored and thinner one.

a8yzade4.jpg

mobile...

Keep in mind, while they will stop a chainsaw they definitely arent US standard. Not that many people would know the difference or even cite a guy wearing chainsaw pants, but officially they dont count as PPE to the OSHA man.

Our saw pants may not be up to your discriminating standards, but I would think the OSHA man would cry for joy if he actually met someone wearing saw protection.
Seems to me that most of the Americans don't whereas here the only ones without are amateurs and firewood cutters.

Our saw pants may not be up to your discriminating standards, but I would think the OSHA man would cry for joy if he actually met someone wearing saw protection.
Seems to me that most of the Americans don't whereas here the only ones without are amateurs and firewood cutters.

My point exactly friend! I was trying to present the facts objectively and let people decide which was best for them, but you can probly tell how I feel.

I missed that, sorry.
It is 4 in the morning here, so I'm not really awake.
Just sitting around waiting for it to be time to saddle up and go kill some more trees.

Speaking of tough standards check out B.C., Canada. Every arborist and logger [landscapers and others might apply to] has to have a TCS rating label on their safety pants, no label or is not readable the operator can be fined, saw locked out and sent home.
Minimum standard is 3600 fpm.

Attachments

• 20131121_094508.jpg
    20131121_094508.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 48
Don't forget in the UK at least, when climbing you have to wear the class C trousers...all around protection, the only bit that doesn't have clogging material is your butt, talk about warm!
Those ones you are showing are class A - front protection, for ground working. So you could get the C's for the guys who work in really cold weather!

I never knew why class c's are mandated for climbing...I only wear the A's up in the trees now, the Clogger arborist trousers I have the protection goes all the way around the lower leg, and front only on the thigh. Worn them in Bermyland too, and they are bearable in the heat.

Come on Willard... Can I get your seal of approval if I wear the US versions, WITH a pair of chaps underneath! It is all about effect you know.

Now now Nick, that's leaning towards false advertising:P
Even with a pair of chaps underneath don't say I didn't warn you after that MS460 at WOT hits your leg ......you don't need to apply any pressure on the saw whats so ever, it will "suck right in":/:

Always remember safety pants were never designed to "Prevent injury", only to "Reduce injury"

I wonder if anyone's ever cut theirself in the ass with their saw?

Dunno about that, but all the chainsaw trousers I've ever worn the protection is 100% up the front to the belt line...maye a few guys with a short third leg out there?

Back