Francital Chainsaw Trousers Info

Man you are a complete frigging moron:lol:

Not at all. I was speaking in jest, as I thought you had to be kidding when you actually wrote "show respect and listen to your elders." I realize now that you were serious. That's a shame. If elders were better teachers, this world would be a better place.

Clear cut land in -20 degrees, and you'll get a better feel for tools, and clothing unknown to you.

Been there done that. I'm from WI. Lets go do a tour of all the tree services in WI and ask who knows anything about back warming flaps. Nobody? That's my guess.

So every major saw pant maker incorporates the backflap -and no one talks about what it's for? And people wearing protective chainsaw pants are the only ones that know about this warm-back secret? Seems suspicious.

If it's only for cold weather- wouldn't they have flap-free options of all the pants for the other ¾ of the population that DON'T live in cold temps?

love
nick

Wow...never thought I'd start a blarney about a bit of excess fabric! Go have a beer you two 8)
Nick, Willard put a laughing smiley after his comment, so take it in jest!

Coming from a hot country I did always wonder about 'The Flap'...
I remember in England our tutor saying to use suspenders and no belt, keep your pants loose so the heat can get out round your waist...nothing to do with 'The Flap' but interesting nontheless.

You've clear cut land in minus 20? Last year you had a post up about how to sharpen chain? Come on man.

Ok then. If you say so. We've coached you through making notches and sharpening chain, but NOW, because you were rude to Willard, you've suddenly got a background in far northern forestry operations. Whatever. No biggie. Willard is surely wrong.

Tucker, why are you being a douche? I'm not saying I'm a logging expert. I started doing tree work in the midwest. We worked through the winter. I've done land clearing in the winter. frig off. That's not up for discussion. Was I good at it? Have I ever done ANY saw maintenance? (other than cleaning out the packed in saw chips, sharpening, cleaning air filters and a couple other super basic things?) No. Do I know anything at all about chippers other than they chop up wood? NO. There's a ton of crap I don't know about tree work. I'm not arguing that point. And I'm not saying "I have a background in far northern forestry operations." I'm saying I've done the work. And none of the people around me ever talked about what they could do to keep their lower backs warm.

You're blowing what I said out of proportion, perhaps to discredit my argument and prove your point. But you're looking WAY to far into what I said.

You acted like I've lived in California my whole life. I've done more years of tree work in Wisconsin than I've done in CA. So suck it.

(immaturity breeds immaturity :) )

Willard drew First Blood

Smiley or not, I wouldn't like being called a moron. Posting a smiley after a derogatory remark doesn't make things "cool."

Now boys...put the toys back in the box and go sit for a time out!

Everyone take a deeep breath here. Storm in a teacup.

I was being a douche because I have an inkling of an idea what a great portion of Willard's career entailed. He knows things, that you don't know. And vice versa. He took the time to explain what the design was for, based on LONG TIME experience, and you, in less then a decent way, told him he didn't know what he was talking about. Ive worked with old time loggers, and have a great deal of respect for them. They lived a different life. You were an arrogant know it all punk to him and I stepped in out of my respect for those old time northern loggers. I once acted like you when I strolled onto a log landing, and learned real quick how very wrong I was. I thought as some residential tree rat, that those woods creatures didn't know shit. I couldn't have been more wrong.

If telling me to frig off from across the country makes you feel tough, then good on ya. Hate me if you want. Doesn't matter to me in the least. Put me on ignore. We babysit you and powder you hiney through every freakin aspect of your business so you can succeed and save/make money. Atleast have the courtesy to not to tell those very men that they don't know what theyre talking about.

Ouch...this is way outta control, we should send you all to AS for your time out.
Enough already...let it go!

I'm sorry I asked the question in the fist place now!

Right...

I have determined over the last two jobs I need to put suspenders on my trousers, AND harness, by the time I got down my saw had dragged my harness down and my trousers were so far down my butt I looked like a gangsta...
At least 'The Flap' gives me something to grab to pull everything up...

I will say one thing. Holmen and I weren't even talking apples to apples here. The flap on my pants in 1-2". He said, and the ben meadows link shown show flaps that are like 4-6". Those are 2 totally different things.

Tucker, a few points:

1-I'm not going to spend my time going back to check, but I don't think I ever said he doesn't know what he's talking about. What I mean to imply can be summarized is as such, "Wow. That's cool. I've never heard that. I'm interested in learning more. Do you have any references that I could turn to in this regard?" to which he replied, "No little boy. STFU sit down and let the big boys talk."

2- This has nothing to do with logging. Anyone who works outdoors in the cold doing ANY physical labor would benefit from this knowledge.

3- Telling you to frig off does make me feel better. I can tell that you're latched on to your position of me being a novice at all of this and therefore I can't know what I'm talking about. It's frustrating. I've previously done research on what the flap was for and through hours of research never got a straight answer from any seller or maker of these pants. That's all this is about.

4- You are correct. There are many aspects to tree work that I bring up here and the house does a great job of nudging me in the right direction. I think I have a weird path in the tree world in that I've done the work since 2001, but until last year have never purchased a chainsaw, never done any engine maintenance on any saws, chippers, stump grinders, chipper trucks, bucket trucks etc, though I've used all that equipment. So, from your perspective, it would look like I have NO CLUE about running a tree service. But ask the guys on my crew. We can go days on the job sites without ever even using a chainsaw. So really, it's not a big deal for us. Frankly, I could just throw away the chainsaws that die and buy new ones and it'd be fine and dandy...but that would be dumb. So yes, I do thank you for all you guys do for me. But don't take it to mean I don't know what I'm doing. My company is doing just fine. We have 3 certified arborists on staff and we do GREAT work that our clients are SUPER happy with and we make decent money. (well- the company doesn't make money, but the employees do!). I have a half-decent idea what I'm doing here and what I'm talking about. No, I'm not an ice-road logger.

...I have determined over the last two jobs I need to put suspenders on my trousers...

I keep meaning to buy some for mine, too! I bought some a while back, but they were the wrong size 'spenders and I ended up giving them to one of the other guys on the crew. I need to remember to do that!

It's a ass flap .....nuff said.
I did laugh a little nick how uptight you got over this.......shit, you're afraid to pee in the chip box.....doh!

I responded to his ignorance, as did Willard.

Ignorance is not a sin. We are all ignorant about most things in life. We can't know everything. The sin is refusal to adjust your ignorant notions in the face of new facts.

I was faced with a new position and sought to confirm the new idea I was presented with.

Back