Fighting The Heat!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, my camera's on the fritz. Besides, I couldn't take any better pics than what the website already has.

It's pretty cool.

Tomorrow will be my first in the field test. At home, it worked like gangbusters.

It's been a little toasty here the last few days .Set a record as a matter of fact .

It was actually hotter here than Alexandria La , although the humidity wasn't as bad .94 with a 97 heat index Sat .It was hot today too until maybe 8 pm then it was just nice .

Ya'll really wanna drop 550+ dollars?

I thought I was the only crazy person here...

Ha! Knock yourself out there, buddy, and good luck!

I'll be trying it out today.

I know a couple guys in TX that use them for summer motorcycle trips. They love them and have not had any issues, but they don't the rough service like tree work.

Yesterday was 96, heat index of 101, today it's 83 but the dew point is 60 and it feels hotter than yesterday already! I hope we don't have a repeat of last summer, my body can't take two in a row like that!

I guess I'm just lucky or somethng because it doesn't seem to bother me as much as some people .Poor Mrs. Smith suffers terribley in the heat .

And The Report Is In!

It cools great, but only stays cold for about 45 minutes. I'm sending it back. Bummer...

:(

Yeah, I was looking forward to a good report. I need one that's good for 4 hours, starting about 3 hours after I leave the house.

Yeah, bummer! Sorry, Butch ... I was hoping you found the trick. :(

You could buy 5 more ... that'd be enough time, right? 8)

Bummer, I was SO hot today, it is in and out of the 90's today and I am thinking: I hope that vest is working for 'the Blaster...

Maybe if you filled the reservoir 20-30% and froze that into a block the cold would last longer? I do that with a camel back on occasion, just carefull to freeze it 'in' the right side of the bladder to not gum up the flow and such.

Even if that worked, how would I do it again when it melted?

I wasn't using ice cubes - I had blocks of ice as big as the mouth of the bladder would allow.

And it's not even REALLY hot yet!

How much ice/ water did you put in it? The latent heat capacity of water can't be changed, there's only so much heat that can be absorbed, and high temps+ high exertion= lots of btu. Recharging it sounds fairly quick and easy though. I was considering one for off roading in the summer as well as for tree work if the backpack isn't in the way of operating the loader.

Back