Favourite SRT neck loop?

Oldmilltreecare

TreeHouser
So my question is which neck loop do you guys use?
I've been using the Swingdude chesty but have found that it isn't perfect with the BDB (The Swingdude chesty is perfect for my HH because I clip it to my harness ring).
I've shortened the bridge on my Tree motion which helped a little but feel an attachment point higher on my body may help because the tending point on the BDB is high.

Any photos of your neck loops would be great.

Or am I missing something about using the Swingdude chesty with the BDB?

Thanks
Al.

i girth hitched a keychain biner to my suspenders (on my saddle) with a small loop of throwline. i can move it up or down as needed and i can avoid having stuff around my neck.

I use the HUT from treestuff. I made my own originally but then sprung for this beautifully spliced and durable tether. I am having trouble getting a full step from my haas though. I might shorten up my bridge a little when I replace it next.

So my question is which neck loop do you guys use?
I've been using the Swingdude chesty but have found that it isn't perfect with the BDB (The Swingdude chesty is perfect for my HH because I clip it to my harness ring).
I've shortened the bridge on my Tree motion which helped a little but feel an attachment point higher on my body may help because the tending point on the BDB is high.

Any photos of your neck loops would be great.

Or am I missing something about using the Swingdude chesty with the BDB?

Thanks
Al.

Hey, Oldmilltreecare! I can't show you a photo of my setup at the present time (getting late, about to crash), but I can describe it to you.

I tried making my own SRT tending harness out of 1" wide webbing strap using one of those handi-stitcher type of tools. It only has one strap going over the top, and the other part is the horizontal component that runs around my chest, with no adjustability. I basically step into it and pull it up around my chest, and then slide the shoulder strap up and over my shoulder on the same side it started at.

At first I tried using this thing in the same manner as most folks, by hooking a connector on the front side of the tending harness to my ascending/descending device of the moment. But I found it was pulling really uncomfortably on the back of my ribs, plus, like you say, it was not tending from as high a point as I would have liked. Also, part of what I was hoping for was that it would help to hold me in close to the climbing rope to make it easier to maintain a vertical orientation without having to strain with my arms all of the time due to having too much distance between my chest and the rope. Clipping to the front of the harness did not fix that issue.

So I had to sit back and think for a bit. What I figured out, which works for me in the end, is that I needed one more piece of 1" wide webbing strap that is tied in a knot to the back side of my SRT tending harness. This then runs up and over my shoulder. I did a practice run with the strapping that allowed me to find out where I needed to tie another knot on the front side of this webbing strap over the shoulder. To this knot on the front side was connected a Locking Snap Shackle. (I do not know the size off of the top of my head, but when it is open the swinging arm of the shackle is small enough to fit through one of the holes on my triple attachment pulley.)

So when I have this webbing strap pulled up tight over my shoulder with its Locking Snap Shackle attached, the Locking Snap Shackle probably stops about 4 or 5 inches in front of my right shoulder. I have to really get in close to the rope just to be able to clip it into my triple attachment pulley. The huge advantage of this setup for me, in addition to the facts that it holds me in tight to the rope, and that it is tending from about the level of my shoulder or collar bone, is that the webbing strap is strong enough to sit back into if I decide I need to stop on the way up for some reason. The webbing strap is inelastic, so it just runs right up my back, near my spine, and over the shoulder, like a cradle almost.

I know this post is too long, just trying to give an accurate description. My harness with over-the-shoulder tending strap is not pretty, but it gets the job done.

So, in summation, I would say that all you might need to get happy is to add a 1" wide piece of webbing strap that ties to the back side of the harness and runs up and over your shoulder to a really solid but short connector.

This is a link to the exact item I believe I'm using as my means of connection to my climbing system's triple attachment pulley. I went back to my order of 2013 on Amazon and copied the link. It is no longer available for purchase from them, but I wanted you to be able to see what it is I'm talking about. The cool thing about this particular item is that it has a swivel built into it. You may be able to find something similar in a store in England that caters to the marine industry. Here's the link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009RP7AIE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hope some of this helps.

Tim

Ive always used my flip line can get akward built an upper harness haven't used it much thought about piercing my nipple with a ring. ...:lol: anyone try this?

Haha! I found some pics on arbtalk since none have shown up here. Just ran up a tree at my new place first time with the hh. Pretty slick stuff. Going to use it tonight to set up a 60' footlock station at home tonight!

Back