facebook?

I signed up to facebook once to try and find an old friend, had to sign up to search or something? But I've never ever 'used' it. I've gotten the odd e-mail about a 'request' from a few members here. If you've ever wondered why I never replied it's because I just don't do the whole facebook thing.

There was/is a place on Van Nuys boulevard in Van Nuys, down the street from the western wear store. Their burritos are a religious experience, and I don't care if it is Catholic. The have that tripe soup too, whatever it is called.

Facebook always struck me as a place for women or guys trying to score women. I have no use for it.

Ha I have half my family and many of my graduating high school class mates on that thing but so far I haven't ventured there myself .I might might give it a try if I get so inclined .

I'm sure I'll open an account in a decade or two when it's the only way to find out what my kids are up to....

Meh, didn't do me a lick of good in finding my old buddy from highschool. I've got zero use for it.

I refer to all this 'plugged in' BS as being unplugged from reality. It's really becoming quite astounding to me. We were out for dinner last night at Boston Pizza, freshly renovated with 20tvs and wifi. The world is getting more and more bizarro imo and I imagine I'll recede further and further from it. Maybe I'm missing out but I prefer to be plugged in to reality. Was sad to watch family's out for dinner not even interacting with each other whatsoever and that's become the norm?

Tis' the norm it seems, with a lot of folks. Their world stops as they receive a text, FB Message, whatever. Your conversation you were having with them in the "real time" is on hold, it doesn't mean shit to them while they stop and read the message. Man oh man, gotta love it. Can you get my feelings towards all that bullshit?

I got a 10$ text plan as of yesterday. Seemed the people sending me texts cost more than the plan would have been for the month. Now I can ignore people to receive a text. :roll:

Yah what you're describing Brendon drives me nuts. I have a no phone rule in my home for kids. You shoulda seen when the two teenage boys came over on the holidays. They seriously thought I was joking. Nope, no phones. The one was pissed right off at me and gave me a bit of teenage 'tude over it. He nearly had dinner in his dads truck. My house, my rules and the last thing I'll have is a punk ass kid questioning me about it. lol.

I wonder if the 70 year olds feel the same way about the color tv? I think the current situation allows the generations more opportunity to interact, with more people. IF they embrace the current technology. If the parents ignore the facebook, text messaging, twitter etc then they will definitely distance themselves from their kids. If you use the means they use you can keep in touch and be 'hip', but then again are the older generations supposed to be in touch with the younger ones?

My wife, the technophobe got an iPad2 before christmas ( she won it rather than buying one) now every night she gets half an hour of time on the couch with Bub, since they found an interactive learning app that he can handle. The last few months he hadn't much desire to snuggle on the couch with us and spend time, he was too reliant on DVD's and other interests about the house. Bonus in my book, technology brought them closer together for now. And yes we still read him actual paper books and do puzzles etc.

Tell me the next time you see an abacus in use, other than a museum ;)

I still have a no phone policy at work. That will never change for me. I as the business owner am the only one who is allowed to talk on the phone if I deem it nescessary.

Back