Easy Lift Harness thread.

Oldmilltreecare

TreeHouser
I bought an ELH a few months ago and it is, by a country mile, the 3rd smartest investment I have ever made.

I wish I'd bought one years ago and since buying it I've found that it is actually better and more useful than I expected it to be.

This video is not mine but is an excellent illustration of how truly good the ELH is.

So I wondered who uses them, on your side of the Atlantic, and what tools you hang off it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=grF97n2VTo8

I scoffed at it when I first saw it. I have done a few big hedges since starting at Big Green and I can see it working well for that.

I cant see myself doing this though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dpWvfmdHk3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That East lift guy was a member here and posted a fair bit for a while. He doesn't show in the members list now so that last update must have deleted him.

I was thinking about buying one when he was here, I do more hedges now than ever. I hate it, boring as hell but it pays the bills.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I scoffed at it when I first saw it. I have done a few big hedges since starting at Big Green and I can see it working well for that.

I cant see myself doing this though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dpWvfmdHk3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bonner, do you remember when you first saw the Stein Trolley and maybe thought "That's too much money for something so simple!".
Well the ELH is to hedges, what the Stein AT is to trees.

We have a different version and like it a LOT.

We did about 10 weeks worth of hedges this year and this thing is worth it's weight in gold, almost.
Along with the articulated stilts.

P1020185.JPG P1020186.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
On the other hand, I compare the GTM harness to the Easy Lift and found the ELH to be far superior.
It allows a much better range of upward movement and I knew that if I bought the cheaper GTM, I'd always wish I'd spent the extra money.

Sent from me to you using a shiny gadget.

Back