Harness recommendation for boney hips?

Sounds like we have the same ones, light padding, comes to a V in front and has two mini maillons for fastening the rear straps to the harness.
I like 'em.

Is it easy on and off? Do you notice it actually taking the load off your hips when carrying a saw?

I find it easy enough
Like Patrick says, easier to get the suspenders over your head with your helmet off, but I can do it at a pinch
And yes, all in all, it distributes the load better, without being the big straps of a fall arrest rated set of suspenders.
pics from a few years ago, in the tropics. IMG_20180611_121137.jpg

Last edited:
I have honey hips and my tree motion s light does pretty good. I have had long climbs in the past where it began to put enough pressure in my hips they would start to bruise but never hurt 🤷‍♂️. But today my boss came in and joined us since I was a lead man short. He is the only other person in the company except me that’s proficient in the bucket so he got in the bucket and took one tree down while I climbed a pine over a house and took that one out. We doubled our normal production and income. At the end of the day I called him and he told me he gave everyone a $100 cash bonus (except me). I said, “thats awesome! They deserve it!” My boss takes really good care of me so I was happy to see the other guys get some bonuses. Then he asked me about the new harness I’ve been wanting and how much it cost: Buckingham Ergovation at about $700. He said to put it on the company card and order it for myself. Can’t wait to give that one a try and see how it does on these hips! I’ve heard great things about them.

wow thats a lot of dough for a harness, dont know anyone who wears one but it looks quite basic. i‘m interested how you like it.

A few guys up here have had one and talk highly about it. Our bucket truck is only 50ft and there’s quite a few times where I wish I could get 10 more feet up to make the situation safer. Once I get the ansi chest harness attachment for it I can just keep a 100ft rope on the side of the bucket and jump out whenever needed.

After having my s light and putting every accessory possible on it. I began to realize how much of it I never really used. A more comfortable/versatile harness seems more useful than all those holes and webbings

A few guys up here have had one and talk highly about it. Our bucket truck is only 50ft and there’s quite a few times where I wish I could get 10 more feet up to make the situation safer. Once I get the ansi chest harness attachment for it I can just keep a 100ft rope on the side of the bucket and jump out whenever needed.

After having my s light and putting every accessory possible on it. I began to realize how much of it I never really used. A more comfortable/versatile harness seems more useful than all those holes and webbings
i keep my s.light fairly simple and just ignore the possibilities :) the bucket situation makes sense i guess.

The one thing I have on my s light is the dmm large rubber loops mounted to the back of each leg. Is much easier to store easy to reach items like my figure 8 or the tail of my lanyard if I don’t want it flipping around below me.

The one thing I have on my s light is the dmm large rubber loops mounted to the back of each leg. Is much easier to store easy to reach items like my figure 8 or the tail of my lanyard if I don’t want it flipping around below me.
aha, you mean those new red plastic loops?

Yeah! It’s a real handle place to have a loop at. Could always be a caritiool or something similar on a regular webbing belt but I like the dmm loops cause they flex and move if i scrape the back of my leg on the tree

Spent all day in the Ergovation and I was pleasantly surprised in how it felt. Wasn’t fully tuned in yet but it was comfortable for the entire time. there is definitely a lot of webbings and loops and I noticed the belts like to loosen up as you climb. There are loops to help keep that from happening but they’re all very easy to adjust while in the tree. So are the bridge adjustments so when I felt too much pressure in legs or back. Was easy to adjust while still loaded. Definitely thinking about setting up a second bridge, maybe an adjustable one. No hip bruising so far! Get to climb in it again tomorrow

Back