Customers say the darnest things!

We all need to question some of our morals once in a while and live a little.

Well... not to turn this into a "morals" thread...

But the first gal I landed in bed with after I got divorced (guess that would be a "rebound"... LOL), turned out to be married... I felt like complete shit after that.

I was cheated on in my marriage, and now i was "the other guy"...

Frig that...

Gary

I had a client introduce me to her husband as "He's the one I sleep with on Wednesdays"

I had a gay client tell me I'm too good looking to be straight. (That was F'd up)

I love it when clients as me why I dont wear "those spikey shoes"

Let me set this up: I was doing a small Colorado Blue Spruce removal. The tree was planted too close to the driveway. Picture a young spruce (20 years old). The trunk was about 1' away from the driveway. So, 6'- 8' of one side of the tree was covering half their driveway. I de-limbed the lower branches to allow myself to be able to fell the tree. I then fell the tree.

The neighbor opens her front door and asks, "How could you cut that thing down?" (She put me on the defensive right away). So I replied, "It's easy! I just cut off the lower limbs, put my notch in the tree, and then put my back cut into the tree. There you have it." --She didn't like my answer.:lol:

She then proceeds..."Why did they want that tree cut down?" I said, "You'll have to take that up with them." She insists, so I told her "The tree was planted in the wrong place. They can't use their driveway properly." :what:

She didn't like anything I said. Go figure.:cry:

I hate it when a person asks you a question while you are working and their question is "loaded" with some kind of ulterior motive.:2gunfire:

Maybe I'll learn to fire back with this: "Ummm... Can you please re-phrase your question?":?

A while back I was called in to do some freelance work for another local company. The owner was a bucket jockey but a climber!

The job went smooth with no problem. Once I was back on the ground, some woman walking her dog came up to me and started giving me the gears about cutting down the tree!

As a background, the tree was about 118' and on the homeowners side of the property line bordering a public park along Lake Erie.

This woman went on & on about me being a tree killer and that trees belong to everyone and I had no right...yada yada yada!

Now keep in mind that I was about 4+ hours in that tree (ate my lunch 85'up) and it was the middle of August. I was tired and not in the mood for her. So instead of just simply telling her to F-off, I told her this little white lie:

"Ma'am, I was hired to remove this tree because the home owner was concerned that a big limb could fall and kill someone given the recent strong winds we've been having recently. That and because the home owner is also tired of cleaning up after people such as yourself who insist on trespassing on his property so their pets can crap in his yard!"

That kinda took the wind out of her sail. :lol:

The woman was quiet for a bit and then, with glossy eyes she asked me to tell the home owner that she was sorry about her dog and if the tree could somehow be put back! Then she offered to pay to have it put back! I had to walk away at that point, I didn't have the heart to continue any further.

HC

A friend of mine said if people come close and talk to you and you dont want to listen, rev the hell out of your chainsaw, stare them in the eyes and let them know you cant hear what they are saying!

I havent had a prob... yet. :)

A friend of mine said if people come close and talk to you and you dont want to listen, rev the hell out of your chainsaw, stare them in the eyes and let them know you cant hear what they are saying!

I havent had a prob... yet. :)
--------------------------

:buzzsaw: :buzzsaw: :buzzsaw: WHAT???:P

HC

It sounds like the lady has a good heart, HB. Just a bit misguided

On my 3rd or 4th day working as a groundie, I went with my boss to take down a big (36-48") doug fir next to a huge multi-million dollar mansion on the lake. The tree was 90% dead, just live enough to still climb. As soon as my boss gets up to about 50 or 60 ft and starts to let the branches fall, the lady of the house lets her dog out. Of course, the dog wants to run around and play right where we're working. After a falling branch just barely misses the dog, I knock on the front door and ask if they could please keep the dog inside until we're done. The lady says hell no, her dog can come and go as it pleases. I try to explain the situation and she slams the door in my face! I try my best to keep the dog out of the way, but I can't shag brush, keep my bosses lines clear, and hold onto the dog. My boss sees the dog on the ground and I explain to him what happened with the lady at the top of my lungs. He shrugs and says it's her problem. The 2nd or 3rd 12 ft piece of trunk fell from 100+ ft and landed right across the dog's back, killing it instantly and very messily. When the lady found out what happened, she never said a word.

We had someone really mad at us one day, don't recall why but they read my foreman at the time the riot act. After they were done, he looked at them and said "Im sorry but this is only my 2nd day and don't know what to tell you"

He had worked there for over a year.

We left it layin in the grass with a circle of needles and twigs all around it because we couldn't bear to rake too close to it, and then I puked in the chip truck. It was a yellow lab probably about a year old. You know how most other kinds of dogs are done being puppies at that age but labs aren't? The lady sure was a heinous c#nt, but the dog didn't deserve to die. I should not have posted this here

It's alright Sean...

Not much you could have done about it. Some people just should not own animals.

Think about what you would have felt like if the dog caused an accident where you or your boss got hurt, maimed, or killed while you were tryin' to control it. The woman should have never let the dog out.

Gary

Yah man not your fault, nothing wrong with posting it. Unfortunate event alright, espescially for the dog.

Guy brings his dogs on jobs sometimes. I've been amazed by how they react to the sounds of cutting and falling wood... they always move. Nearly nailed one with a throwball a few times though.

We left it layin in the grass with a circle of needles and twigs all around it because we couldn't bear to rake too close to it, and then I puked in the chip truck. It was a yellow lab probably about a year old. You know how most other kinds of dogs are done being puppies at that age but labs aren't? The lady sure was a heinous c#nt, but the dog didn't deserve to die. I should not have posted this here

GOOD place to post it....I agree with Gary though. You did what you had to do. Kids and pets have no place in most work zones.....either you get your work done and the kids/animals are in danger, or you spend your time watching THEM and your work, or worse, your safety suffers. I can't do it.

If you can't tether the dog (keep a collar behind the truck seat) you may be able to put it in the back of the truck until you're finished.

Back