Customers say the darnest things!

Some goofball telemarketing punk without a real job called me today dunning me for money to support some program to "teach kids to shoot hoops instead of handguns". I told him that I thought it would be better to teach then to shoot handguns and spoiled his day.

Ha, ha good for you Justin! I can't believe that calling people at home soliciting isn't illegal WTF?

My home phone is set for 2 rings on the answering machine and my recorded 'greeting' is very short (but polite), so I don't have time to answer the phone when it rings if I wanted to. About one call out of twenty will leave a message. Anybody that knows me well will call me on my cell phone anyway. Life is much more pleasant since I quit answering my home phone.

Brian, post your cell phone #.................................... I wanna see how pleasant you are at 4 AM:P

"Life is much more pleasant since I quit answering my home phone."

Amen to that, cat get the wife to figure it out tho, she is a diver, phone rings, no matter what she is doing she dives for it and has a gander at the call display. Me, I dont blink when it rings.

My wife is the same way Paul, I bought her a cordless, but she leaves it on the charger all the time and runs when it rings:lol:
I gues we aren't suposed tounderstand them!!!

"Life is much more pleasant since I quit answering my home phone."

Amen to that, cat get the wife to figure it out tho, she is a diver, phone rings, no matter what she is doing she dives for it and has a gander at the call display. Me, I dont blink when it rings.

Ha, I'm the same way. When the home phone rings, I don't even acknowledge it.

i hate any beeping, ringing, or otherracket. i jump up and shut the noise makers off

On the 3rd tree I ever topped and chunked during a removal, I received a proposition from the lady of the house. While I was still on the spar. :|:

Hubby was still there too. :what:

I had taken the top out of a Hemlock and had chunked it down to about 30 feet... I was takin' a break and drinkin' some water, plus I needed/wanted a bigger saw. So I lower one saw and my buddy/groundie ties in the other saw, and as I haul it up he has a note attached to the line... "Look in the second story window."

I look to the window... and notice the gal standing in the window with a small sign... "Call me after 6 tonight... 555-1234"

She was fairly attractive... but I never did call her.

LMAO...

Gary

Gary, You erred. You called this person the "lady of the house". Obviously she was no lady.

I was once told, and I quote, "keep the price down, otherwise I'll have to sleep with you." She was a fellow Brit, quite a looker too. She used to be a police woman back in the old country. Sooo, I asked her if she still had her uniform....and handcuffs.....

LMAO... that was a made up number Frans...

I don't remember the real number. She was a nice lookin' gal. :)

But I agree with the Stumpman... any woman I want in my life... shant be the way this gal was...

Gary

While working in Santa Rosa I was treated to a few window shows.

My Father has a million stories of window shows, women answering the door naked, ect. when he was in the tree business.

I have been doing this 20 yrs now and I have none, zippo, nada.:(

Hmm, sounds like the apple fell far from the tree this time :P .

Let's see all the years in the bush, no no naked women. About the most exciting thing we'd run into was a female forester or a truck full of treeplanters, although with the planters it could be hard to tell the women from the men sometimes.:D

What about this vegas slogan?

What happens in vegas stays in vegas

It seems like our society is promoting questionable morals

What about this vegas slogan?

What happens in vegas stays in vegas

It seems like our society is promoting questionable morals

We all need to question some of our morals once in a while and live a little.

Back