Cribbing?....when to draw the line?

I need to print that pic for our crane man .
He would drop a load.
Last week he wouldnt even set up on a drive way that had a tiny tiny angle.
Woulve taken about 4 blocks on only one side.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I need to print that pic for our crane man .
He would drop a load.
Last week he wouldnt even set up on a drive way that had a tiny tiny angle.
Woulve taken about 4 blocks on only one side.

any other crane guys there?

I watched some guys moving a house, they jacked it up tall enough to build a 10 ft ceiling gararge underneath. It was cribbed up with timbers for several weeks till the jobsite dried and they could get cement trucks to pour footings.
Cribbing was simple 2 down 2 across till they got the height.

A house basically sits still. Sure there's wind loads and such, but the weight is fairly static.

On a crane the loads can be concentrated on 1 outrigger or spreadover all 4 or a combination. The crane's slewing torque has to be counteracted by the cribbing, or in your case mainly the back set of outriggers.

Thus, what would get by holding up a house that holds still may not cut it for a crane.

A house basically sits still. Sure there's wind loads and such, but the weight is fairly static.

On a crane the loads can be concentrated on 1 outrigger or spreadover all 4 or a combination. The crane's slewing torque has to be counteracted by the cribbing, or in your case mainly the back set of outriggers.

Thus, what would get by holding up a house that holds still may not cut it for a crane.

ok.......................still bomber. flat lander:/:

MB, fairly common. Down rigger goes straight down, outrigger goes out and down.

I was talking about Scott mentioning the house being held up on 2 per layer for 10' vertical lift.

The only thing I've had to use extensive cribbing on is my lift.

so who "hairball" cribbing pics. I know mine was childs play

outrigger....or the front stabilizer, thats it here

Never heard of it. And I've done several hundred crane jobs in the last 25 or 30 years. On the other hand, I knew what he meant just by the context of it. Maybe it's a local jargon.

you ever consider your own crane Brett?

Wasn't meant to. It's only to get the wiki definition. It is used here once in a while, but is incorrect, in my opinion. Perhaps it is used in the crane industry as Carl defines it.

Back