Crane removals

12k...but I called and he wont have any till early next summer...and a second version that does vertical pics in two years...Small company without a lot of capital for production runs..
A buddy of mine has one in charlotte. He brought it up here to help in may after a big wind storm....it made a lot of the broken and hanging scarey stuff easy and safe to deal with...I'M GONNA GET ONE:D

remote control grappl...replace the ball on the end of the cable..

I can see how that device would be extremely useful in some cases. On the other hand, I use two chokers on about half of my picks for balance or to prevent wierd twisting/turning/flipping of limbs. I'd have a hard time justifying that expense for something I'll only use 50% of the time.

Are they hydraulic? Electric? What kind of safety/fail-safe features does it have to prevent unintentional opening? Looks dicey to me.

Are they hydraulic? Electric? What kind of safety/fail-safe features does it have to prevent unintentional opening? Looks dicey to me.

fail safe....electric over hydraulic.....it's bomber

I can see how that device would be extremely useful in some cases. On the other hand, I use two chokers on about half of my picks for balance or to prevent wierd twisting/turning/flipping of limbs. I'd have a hard time justifying that expense for something I'll only use 50% of the time.

Doesn't seem to be an issue....operator can see where to place it. Grapple grabs pretty damn tight

I always keep two chokers on the hook. I don't like pieces twisting and turning when they come loose. On heavy picks I'll use 2 chokers even though one would be enough to carry the load. My pilot training, I guess, redundant systems and all that. "Two is one, and one is none.":)

Ride it while you can

The white hats will stop us soon enough....... be safe.This one was 20 ponderosas in a day crane was 2k and job 20k clear...sweet bug work

Attachments

• n94D+Tb4-LVGGnXUobsgamd0WXWxF46U0060[1].jpg
    n94D+Tb4-LVGGnXUobsgamd0WXWxF46U0060[1].jpg
    3 KB · Views: 60

The "Rig em and Roll" totally negates the need to tie off the load. It's an obvious godsend for rigging out a tree with lots of spreading branches/leads.

Here in the PNW, I do little work where it would be helpful. Vertical picks are easy, so I fail to see much need for a device capable of grabbing vertical picks.

Two chokers seems good to prevent twist when you are lifting the tree and have some some strong limbs to attach to. Another thing we do with a single choker is to first wrap around a limb once to get a bite, then wrap around the trunk a bit lower and lock off. That pretty much keeps the tree from twisting when it gets raised.

I wouldn't like to trust that grappler when bringing down big limbs through other trees.

I mean if your lowering spot was congested with trees, and you couldn't avoid banging against other limbs when bringing the load down. It just seems like the load might get kicked loose.....? No problem with a cable in that regard. I guess if you had one of those though, you'd learn your limitations.

jay, i beleive it has a hydraulic accumulator which keeps a set amount of pressure. so if it slips for any reason to a smaller spot the grappes would automaticly close down on that spot. sort of like the continious down pressure on chipper feed rollers

Ditto that, not so wee Willie

Hydraulics are Stroooooooooonggggg.

It's mighty impressive watching my self loader and grapple truck operators perform amazing tasks loading huge logs with slippery bark and other tissue, with sap and water pouring out.

Back