Computer Geniuses?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My computer is still in the same state it was if anyone was wondering. I'll probably run er til it calves completely.

Hey Justin, I can recommend somebody to put a computer together for ya if you like. ;)

BTW, this thing is blazing fast! Everything is instant, like flipping a light switch. 8)

I just might look into something like that Brian. Currently though I'm still holding on tight, I'm hoping to have my old bucket truck claim settled by the end of this week. That'll bring me a bit of breathing space back.

They have came up with more user friendly gizmos in last several years than Carters have little pills .

In a way I miss DOS ,I knew most of the hot keys of which I've long since forgotten .

Like I've said before though I have problems with just Windows XP pro on my home 'puter let alone 30 other operating systems at work which boggles my pea sized brain .

Can you imagine an old black powder relay electrician thrown into a bunch of rocket science.:what:

I can honestly say most everything I know bout puters I learned here

Squash, I can help you out in the cornpewter dept if you need it, in CDN funds with less shipping. I am happy to accept advice from Mr Yanna if warranted of course. :)

Hopefully before to long I could be taking you up on that. I'm booked solid here so things are looking good but as I said I'm kind of in lockdown mode still from my big mistake.

Thanks again to Paul and Leon. Now that I have my fancy new computer (with all my old data saved thanks to Jason) up and running, I wanted to copy over the pictures I've saved on my laptop since June. This includes all the pictures from the West Coast Climb. The Kingston thumb drive was perfect, just drag and drop the files and it worked just like another Windows folder without a bunch of extra crap to wade through (NO, I don't want your proprietary program to process/change/organize/fix my pictures). It took all of about 4 minutes to move everything over to the other computer.
:D

Glad it worked out for you Brian. Sadly, I cannot locate my Kingston and needed to pick up another flash drive quickly before jumping on the transoceanic express so I just picked up a Sandisk Cruzer from Mal-Wart for $20. First item of business is to wipe all of the proprietary crap off of it...

Beats the hell outta my trip. I'll be working outta town starting next week for a couple of weeks.

Another HK jaunt?

That transoceanic express is way more interesting with a baby.......

Talk about an experience I am still trying to block out. We are going back to Germany with the crib lizard for Christmas.... now I get white knuckles and cold sweats when I see Santa of hear Christmas tunes :(

Have a good trip!

I think they get pressure in their ears and don't know how to clear it. And just too long in one place.

yup, hand them a bottle or something to eat and/or chew on, my parents took me across the atlantic twice before I was 3, that was their hint for travelling in the anti gravity machine. :)

Back