Climber worth???

When I sub out to people, I usually get 4-500/day.
Day can be 12 hours easy depending on drive and job.
Day can be 4 hours if you get the job done.
I bring full rigging/climbing gear, saws, contractor license, liability insurance, etc.

Being the prime is much better, bigger cut. Though gotta keep the checks coming in.
work is work. So, Sub or Prime, It's all time.

Granny Nanny is a helluva a cook. She bangs out bbq spare ribs and chutney like a monkeyflower.
We gotta hammock in the basement/garage. Plenty of room.

Wow, I pay groundies $30 an hr in Bermuda.
$25 would be rock bottom for a competent groundie sub.

I subbed for a landscape Co two yrs ago and was asked if I would climb for $100 an hr. What do you think I said! I think he was in a spot, I charged him $80hr for a few jobs after that with all my own gear, he was happy.
Remember diesel is over $5 a gallon, bread is $5 a loaf, basic health insurance $400 month...

My bucket truck guy is $110hr, his 3yd dump $85 a load, labour $45hr

The bucket guy sounds cheap, relatively speaking.

It's only a little bucket, 45' but truck mounted, the big rigs all have to come on a tractor trailer and incur a move in charge.
This is Bermuda now

Fiona,

If I left my job, my health insurance would go from 200/month for Kaiser to about 1000/month....

Just saying/agreeing. It's crazy out there. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You don't need certs/courses there to work around power? It's strictly regulated up here.

No certs required just have to have a safety policy that the power company says is in compliance with theirs. Here it's 8 ft clearance and if it's real sketchy the coordinator for the power company will come in and either bring their guys and equipment in to help or kill the line for the time period allotted to get that particular job done.

How you know about tooth sucking? Its like an unspoken language here...ha!

In the Uk it is around 34 $/hour for average day. Climbing kit and a couple of saws.

The price increases as the job difficulty increases.

Over in Norway it is considerably higher.

It's surprising seeing some of the rates that climbers get for sub work. I get $75/hour and .50 cents a mile for my take down truck, or $1/mile for my chip truck when subbing. If it is a dicey job I bid it. Just remember when you are sub climbing...if something goes wrong, even if it is the fault of the contractors groundy who is helping you, his insurance will crawfish and go after your insurance. I have done a few dicey jobs at my hourly rate whilst subbing...it isn't worth it.

I have certainly earnt my money this week. 55 hours contract climbing so far, Mon to Fri and off out tomorrow for another 8 - 10 hours. Felt it a bit today though. It has been a long week but Norway is a beautiful place and some lovely trees to swing around in.

sounds like you're busy mate.
what sort of day rate are freelancers getting in norway rich? the price here varies from around 250 to 350 euros and sometimes even more depending.

I have certainly earnt my money this week. 55 hours contract climbing so far, Mon to Fri and off out tomorrow for another 8 - 10 hours. Felt it a bit today though. It has been a long week but Norway is a beautiful place and some lovely trees to swing around in.

I don't think Ive ever ever done 55 hours of climbing in a week, ever. That's ahhhhhh, pretty brutal. Correction, during my brief line clearance career, I might have come close once.

Man, between the day job and the side thing...
I feel we been 6 days a week for a couple years now.

San Francisco is so expensive though. Hahahahah. Terribly so... It's awful.
Beautiful here, but helps to be rich or valuable.

Well hopefully Deva charges accordingly.

Rich people that dont work are cheap but tight community....referrals. Fast money monthlies pay well and appreciate a bit more usually. Mind the gross generalizations... :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back