chipper winches

I just called my cousin and he thinks we have plenty of stuff to build one from a tomato harvester that was given to him.

Only option I didn't get on my 250xp was the winch. The dealer wanted 4g to add one? Seemed a little steep to me!:O

I'm bored and I just uploaded some pics. Here's the winch, attached to my mini. As far as things go to adapting it to the chipper, I obtained all the steel, drilled 8 mounting holes in a 3/8" plate, and the welder sits waiting to tack it all together. Taking my time with this..........obviously. :) Hope to get something going this week, only have 2 tree jobs to do, and waiting for the fence supplier for my bro's work.

Attachments

• winch.jpg
    winch.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 23
MB-Yes, I am bringing it for final welding to a welder though. (I made the mount, the winch is Dave's one off)

Dave-Yes, you can see where I grinded the weld already for it, whenever you get a chance.

Willie- No, I am getting an ATV roller fairlead to weld top. I welded a peice on the end to cap it off.

Hmm, dont bother. I figure I am going to use existing bolts on the chipper to mount the fabb'd brackets to. Since I'm only going to need 2 (maybe only 1) bracket for the hydraulic controls, I could just run down and have it welded up quick. I might have a welder then, I dunno though.

It's all welded up now, going to mount it to the chipper maybe today, then see how it works with the hydraulic source being the mini to test it out.

I'm overly excited about posting this! :D

All it needs is the fairlead on the end, the bollard on the side, paint, and hydraulics!

Attachments

• winch mount 002.jpg
    winch mount 002.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 25
  • winch mount 003.jpg
    winch mount 003.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 23
  • winch mount 004.jpg
    winch mount 004.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 23
Back