chip box project

Yeah, I get a bunch of debris coming back out of the box.

Thats more to do with your Vermeer 1250 than the box. I call mine the leaf seperator, blows the chips in and blows the leaves out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
wife got called to work so i had to stop but its all tacked in well and i even got my corners on. steve i am going to use some scrap for the bottom front (i think thats what you meant) at a 45* for bracing and to keep debris from sticking. and the top ribs wont be closed so i hope thats enough venting, if not i can add more later

Attachments

• cip 026.jpg
    cip 026.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 24
  • cip 027.jpg
    cip 027.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 21
now i need to go to my buddys shop so we can use 2 welders and have a weld party to finish up:D

same thread, ive never done paint this big. some friends have offered to help

J-Bred has suggested to me in the past to use Epoxy Primer/Paint. As I understand it holds up well to abuse that our trucks would encounter.

Pricey though from what I understand but when you put that kind of work into something you want it to last.

Looks great btw! I just gotta nut up and buy a welder already. To many times I've had to run out and bother someone to get a small weld on something.

Hobarthandler125.jpg

this is the unit i have(except mines the 140 i think), id like a bigger one but this is a sweet little machine.
ill look into the epoxy

Gasless?

I was looking at a Lincoln sp140 (formerly sp135T) . You can use gas or flux-core. A guy who used to do my welding had one, it seems like a nice little welder and he got everything done I've ever needed.

I've got a lot of projects brewing in my head. Chip box, ladder racks for the chipper, pole racks, yada yada.

either way, i run flux core cause im welding outside

Outside=wind= shielding gas of MIG gets blown away leaving your liquid metal exposed to the atmosphere.

wife got called to work so i had to stop but its all tacked in well and i even got my corners on. steve i am going to use some scrap for the bottom front (i think thats what you meant) at a 45* for bracing and to keep debris from sticking. and the top ribs wont be closed so i hope thats enough venting, if not i can add more later

My truck has a bunch of crap in it or I would take a picture of it.

Mines vented but the Vermeer blows way too hard and seperates light from heavy stuff.

Willie - you need to degrease then sandblast that new steel or nothing, even primer will stick to it. Make sure you wire brush all the slag out of your welds or it will be a source of lifting paint that will ruin the job.

and yes you can mig weld outdoors (not a windstorm) it requires a little more gas pressure and a better technique. Since you are pushing your weld when mig welding the only area that is shielded directly at the tip, lessen the angle of your weld and 25#'s of Argon Co2 will be sufficient.

Willie,

What kind of setup are you using for doors?

Just so you know, Southco will sell their rear door hinges from their chip boxes, I had called and inquired for when I do mine. Around $50 or so.

buyers has some decent hinges, ive used them.. northern tool might have them or aw direct...

i was just planning to fab something up. 50 bucks seems steep.

I'll snap some pics of my southco hinges if you like...

R & D = rip off and duplicate:D

got some on my bucket, i think its a southco anyway

Back