chip box project

1 year:) its got a better body, the box tips higher on the new one, the old one you have to back up and hit the brakes a couple times to get the chips out. just needs to go 6 more inches, plus ive never wanted to dump the money into painting it as it still wont be pretty. i like pretty trucks:D

Yeah, they should dump 45 degrees, and look pretty doing it. What are the specs on the old one?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
it dumps higher than in that pic but just not enough. ive looked into moving the lift back but id have to move a cross member so i left it alone. works good for lopping brush though

Nice job on the truck I have one with about the same dump on it I try to post a pic. (never been able to yet but here it goes)
2415142920_e089fc14dc_b.jpg

Stake dumps are pretty simple to build a sturdy box on, and the the stakes work nice for stowing rakes and other long handled tools. The diamond plate really looks nice.
Willie, that box looks damn professional, nice job!
I need me a nice little buzz box.

looks good stumpy, a little bling on top:)
thanks jonny, got another half hour in tonight but nothing youd really notice so no update

picked up the front panel and top today

Attachments

• cip 011.jpg
    cip 011.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 19
  • cip 012.jpg
    cip 012.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 21
  • cip 013.jpg
    cip 013.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 19
Hey Willie, you may wanna put something in the front of the box there to separate the bed from the cab. Otherwise your chipper may blow chips right over the bed and all over the cab of the truck.
:lol: :D

12ga but i think you can go lighter. been to busy to work on it:dur:

no iwas slacking today, and my buddy has my welder again:dur: planning to hit it hard on monday:D

Nice job!! 1 tons make great chipper trucks for sneaking in tight back yards. Growing up a guy built a '77 or '78 (new at the time) Chevy 1 ton 4x4 tree truck with a 2-3 yard dump and built a removable steel chip box. The neat thing was that he had a second PTO mounted on the transfer case that had a chain driving a winch. The winch sat through a hole cut in the center of the front of the bed and had a steel cover that flipped down to cover it while chipping. You could un pin the tailgate and pin on an arch that had a snatch block. You ran the winch cable through the block and winched logs up to the arch, back the winch off which set the log on the tail of the box. Hook the winch to the other end and winch it into the truck. It sure beat hand loading!!! I've got over 400,000 miles on my old '88 Dodge 1 ton chip truck(it had 52 miles on the odometer when I bought the cab and chassis).

pile of pics from today, just taking a break right now. i got the front trimmed and tacked and am working on tacking down the top now

Attachments

• cip 014.jpg
    cip 014.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 25
  • cip 015.jpg
    cip 015.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 24
  • cip 016.jpg
    cip 016.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 23
  • cip 018.jpg
    cip 018.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 24
  • cip 019.jpg
    cip 019.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 24
  • cip 021.jpg
    cip 021.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 27
Willie, are you going to put a piece bridging the corners? My forestry truck has a piece of 2" flat stock running in the bottom corners with some little vents cut in them.

Back