cheap bar oil

I'm a Wally World bar oil customer. What do they do with the reclaimed engine oil Al?
I'm not sure they do anything with it but burn it now days .Years ago they used to filter the non detergent stuff and resell it at cut rate gas stations for about a quarter a quart .

Before the EPA got on them they used old oil on railroad sidings etc to keep down the dust .That was years ago also .

Non detergent oil keeps the particulates in suspension,easier to filter .Detergent oil ,the stuff gets pretty mixed in ,not easy to filter or at least that's what I've always been told .:?

I remember the gravel roads around here getting a summer oiling every year... and having to wash dads car after he found a freshly oiled road...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ahh, 9 hrs of peace so far on the bar oil thread...it doesn't get any better than this...Rick

Idunno about any 'thread killing powers', perhaps it's more akin to a buzzard swooping in to peck at the flesh of a dead carcass...
;)

I figure I am just pumping it on the ground anyways, Ill buy the cheap stuff!!
I take the money I saved and use it to buy a better two stroke mix!

Shhh.... the womenfolk will get suspicious.

Can't say I ever noticed any difference in chain/bar life with either brand oils, or the Wally stuff.

Take your savings and trade your Stihl for a Husky.

;)

Shhh.... the womenfolk will get suspicious.

Can't say I ever noticed any difference in chain/bar life with either brand oils, or the Wally stuff.

Take your savings and trade your Stihl for a Husky.

;)

Uh oh...think you got your brands backwards in your post there, brother...;)

:P8);)

We went by our Wally World but couldn't find any bar oil.

Stihl oil is about 3 bucks more a gallon.

FYI Cheapskates. Check your Autozone. Our local store has Itasca bar oil for $4.99 per gallon. It is dandy motion lotion and even cheaper than Wally world.

Anyone here ever tried that stuff you mix with water?

I am curius about that. It seems to work ok.

I know a couple here that tried this stuff.

Back