Bar oil 4.95 a gallon

I was all set to order 40 gal. Did the best I could to check that it wasn't a picture mix up as $4.95 is the past price I remember seeing at some idiotic places for one quart. Started an online chat - that person says it is indeed a gallon....putting in an order for 40....

One last check from my phone for Searspartsdirect being a scam. Read some reviews of order problems, "so they basically stole my money". I"m out.

Good luck to anyone else wanting to run it through. My hat is off to anyone it worked/works for.

Geezus that sucks!

I usually get mines at Tractor Supply or sometime at Home Depot when their prices are periodically lower

They are both at 15$ right now

I paused. Aside from not using petrol much anymore, I thought "What is Sears anyway?". Some group that bought the name, and who knows what company it really is. I didn't bite.

I was all set to order 40 gal. Did the best I could to check that it wasn't a picture mix up as $4.95 is the past price I remember seeing at some idiotic places for one quart. Started an online chat - that person says it is indeed a gallon....putting in an order for 40....

One last check from my phone for Searspartsdirect being a scam. Read some reviews of order problems, "so they basically stole my money". I"m out.

Good luck to anyone else wanting to run it through. My hat is off to anyone it worked/works for.
A couple years ago somebody posted a lead on another forum about Simple Green being sold for $16 per case (6 gallons). I followed through and orders over $35 had free shipping so I ordered 3 cases. Needless to say I have enough Simple Green to last the rest of my life and another 2 lifetimes.
So in this instance I'm willing to chance it. No free shipping, they are charging $12.99 on top of the order total. I ordered 10 and will see how it works out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have an order “in process” so we will see. But it won’t break the bank if it’s a loss.

Ya think Tractor Supply is marking it up a little?
I had great luck with TS bar oil for several years. I always stocked up for the year when it went on sale every January. 30 gallons usually got me through the year. After the latest oil price jump in mid 2021 I haven't been there to see.

I was at TSC a couple weeks ago, and the only oil they had was overpriced Husky quarts. >$10/qt if I remember right. I left with cat food.

TSC up in Canada had Poulan pro bar oil. I found it the best/price for milling. Then they changed to Peavey mart and dropped it.

I thought the poulan oil was really good, at least for summer use. It got pretty snotty in the winter.

As I am “mostly retired” my usage has dropped way off, now that I am only doing the occasional job for family, friends, and neighbors. My ‘bill’ includes a dollar amount and ‘a gallon of bar/chain oil’, with a link to Lowes, HD, and TSC

Back