Certified Arborists

I just cannot help but keep in mind that our industry was and is in sore need of professional standards and acceptance by the general public.
The ISA has done a treemendous amount of work in that regard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry to be a nag but i'm hoping the ISA will read this, can we stay somewhat on topic? I know i'm a great derailer but...

Wiley the ISA benefits you in too many ways to list. But re waving a banner, I'm ready to stick the flagpole where the sun don't shine if the language is not cleared up. Quasi-criminal, wtf?

TRAC is a great program but it has nothing to do with ISA international.

Most of the time, ex-cons are the best workers. I had a murderer groundie and he worked better than anyone I've ever seen.

same my best guy years ago , got caught up in some gang stuff, got a double life sentence, he tried to take a cho mo out in transfer
now hes double life in the shu
he could bring the worst jobs in on time, and work with anyone

i think a lot of people learn from their mistakes but need an oppurtunity when turned free
as long as they are devoted to bettering themselves

I don't despise the ISA. They have rasied the standards of professionalism somewhat.... I suppose that industry wide the percentage of lying scumbug alcoholic scammer tree guys may have dipped below 80%.

As for the personal background questions.......I think that EVERYONE who receives it should write N.Y.D.B. across the form and return it.

I'm SO-5508A, AFIK the youngest person in SO to get their CA at 19YO.

I agree that the questions are poorly executed and entirely outside the purview of what I look for from the ISA.

off to inspect 190 recently planted street trees, the developer doesnt get his deposit back until a CA says they are planted properly, thanks for the income ISA. :) then I get to go back in a year and reinspect for a final sign off. :)
Still not wanting to give the ISA the personal info though.

We1900a and yes it helps. the Title Certified Arborist holds much weight .When even being considered for work many customers,city,county and state work it is a priority. My son was 18 and missed the test by one question.Took it again and missed the ID section.When I originally took the test there were four pine trees on the ID part of the test,all with two needle shoots! Someinabeitch! fair ? not really but yes it has its advantages.Cant even be considered for the climbers hall O fame unless you are certified.Oh Snap! there isnt a climbers hall O fame yet @%$#!@*&#@$%@!##$

I have a level 1 chainsaw course coming up and hope i can get a truck licence soon so i can look for a job with a tree buisness,no one wants you without them.Sure would be nice to be qualified.

Damian

Im a certified arborist.
Number JRTS 123.
Call me and give me 50 bucks and ill check u out and maybe we can talk shop and ill certify you.
Dont forget JRTS its the absolute highest cert. you can get.
One thing though, in order to pass , you will have to climb a tree.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just sent them another e-mail asking for a response here so that we knew they were interested in our opinions

Back