Arborist needed in Minot, ND

Underwor

Treehouser
The Minot Park District/ City Forestry Department is looking for an experienced arborist, initially full time part time, possibly permanent position for right individual. Street and park trees trimming and removals. Some planting work. We also work with the maintenance department, so work can be varied at times. Right now we are helping the zoo get ready for reopening Saturday. Been closed since the flood in 2011. Need some help to aid this old fart who still does most of the technical stuff. Year round work. Possible 150 degree temp swings, so none of that boring southern heat year round. Great hunting, fishing, etc.

If interested drop me a PM or call at 701-833-7014 (my work cell).

The most extreme temperature swing in North Dakota took place within a 6 month span. -60 to +124. Most North Dakotans carry a heavy set of clothing in the vehicle, year-round.

Joel

Minot is close. The actual geographic center of North America is near Rugby, North Dakota........about 60 miles east of Minot. For a good beach on the ocean, it's about 1500 miles in any direction from here. LOL

Joel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am located just 45 miles north of the center of everything in North America. Joel is correct on the records, December (?) 1935 in Parshall, to July 1936 in Steele.

Humidity today in Minot is a soggy 24%. Hope it dries out before I go back to work next week. Temp about 55, perfect working weather. Will be in 60's this weekend. All the Harleys are out today. Snow is almost completely gone. This picture was about a week ago in Minot. See photos of last two days in Work Pictures thread

0417130932.jpg

Bob, firewood seems like it would be a good business in that part of the world. Folks must burn a lot of it.

Good demand for firewood, but not many trees on the prairie. You can cut all you want for free at the city dump. Better prefer elm, ash, boxelder and cottonwood. There is some burr Oak in the area also, but not cut very often. Too valuable for shade.

Temp swings are an adventure, but the question is...

Does the boss have 180-degree mood swings?

Really pretty stable. I have not figured out yet how to get fired.

Back