Certified Arborists

I let mine lapse but still tout myself as a Certified Arborist when selling a job (on a handful a year).

I am still certified in Germany and passed the CA exam here.... I just didn't continue to buy enough of *their* books.

I make my own CEUs ;)

I let mine lapse but still tout myself as a Certified Arborist when selling a job (on a handful a year).

I am still certified in Germany and passed the CA exam here.... I just didn't continue to buy enough of *their* books.

I make my own CEUs ;)

_

How do you reconcile that statement with your signature line? :?

not certified as in with the trademarked phrase, 'Certified Arborist', abilities notwithstanding. :)

You're on a plane, headed to Wherever, USA and someone falls out. You ask if anyone is a doctor. Using your logic, the Russian doctor shouldn't declare himself a doctor since he's not licensed to practice in the US?

The phrase "Certified Arborist" isn't trademarked.

I agree it's shady, if you lead your customer to believe that you're certified by ISA. However, since arboriculture is such a unknown profession, simply declaring yourself certified isn't unethical, unless you're insinuating that it's from ISA.

taken from: http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...IqjqDHxvMY9zThqqg&sig2=K8fIRSl55tbV_GFT0rZSZw

"How do you go about reporting someone that is dishonestly calling them self’s “certified” or misusing the ISA Logo?

ISA has a new Certification Coordinator that is in charge for researching false advertisement and logo misuse. As the ISA Certifications are growing and the credential is becoming more of an asset to the individual, so are the reasons to illegally use them to reap the benefits.
We require a copy that has the ISA logo and/or “Certified Arborist” written on it to be able to accuse the individual or company with the violation of trademark. You can send in an advertisement from the Yellow Pages, a company flyer, business card, or a copy of a bill or estimate with the incriminating letterhead. "

I dont remember where I read it but I do believe the term 'Certified Arborist' is trademarked or copyright or whatever by ISA.

You're on a plane, headed to Wherever, USA and someone falls out. You ask if anyone is a doctor. Using your logic, the Russian doctor shouldn't declare himself a doctor since he's not licensed to practice in the US?

The phrase "Certified Arborist" isn't trademarked.

I agree it's shady, if you lead your customer to believe that you're certified by ISA. However, since arboriculture is such a unknown profession, simply declaring yourself certified isn't unethical, unless you're insinuating that it's from ISA.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If someone falls out of an airplane, a doctor is not going to help, regardless of his nationality. :|:

Should've said "passes out".

Yeah, falling out of a plane sans chute has a better-than-average chance of ending pretty badly. :lol:

I have too much to lose if they do pull peoples certifications for not filling it in, I got an email response from Jim Skiera a day or so after me recert day, I filled in the 'survey' and faxed it along with my recert info and my Visa #, got the package in the mail a few days later that I was still good to go.

Back