Certified Arborists

_

How do you reconcile that statement with your signature line? :?
Ok Brett, ha ha at your attempt with humor or wit. :roll:

Easy to reconcile - I have earned it.

Not only have I earned it, but I will go as far as to say I don't follow rules and how to guides for arboriculture, but I make them. I consider my university degree, passing of a certified arb exam in 2 countries (2 languages), 10 years in the field working in 3 continents, 4 countries, and 8 states enough to consider myself an authority in the field.

So Brett, if you think something smells unethical, why don't you have a sniff in your own britches first.

Sure as shit more qualified than a brush pilot who managed to quit drinking long enough to take an exam where the most difficult part of the exam is paying $125 and waking up early on a Saturday.

Refusal to continue paying ISA bribe money doesn't necessarily mean you're no longer qualified. And it sure doesn't negate the fact that you've already paid your dues and earned certification in my opinion.

I no longer advertise myself as 'certified'. If somebody asks me if I'm certified, I tell them that I was certified over 10 years ago but I let it expire rather than continue paying renewal fees for a title.

And with their latest stunt, I'm more adamantly anti-ISA than ever.

Refusal to continue paying ISA bribe money doesn't necessarily mean you're no longer qualified. And it sure doesn't negate the fact that you've already paid your dues and earned certification in my opinion.

I no longer advertise myself as 'certified'. If somebody asks me if I'm certified, I tell them that I was certified over 10 years ago but I let it expire rather than continue paying renewal fees for a title.

And with their latest stunt, I'm more adamantly anti-ISA than ever.

This is a side of you that I've never seen Brian.;););)

Sure as shit more qualified than a brush pilot who managed to quit drinking long enough to take an exam where the most difficult part of the exam is paying $125 and waking up early on a Saturday.

Are you referring to MY qualifications with that statement?

No Brett, he's referring to most newly certified arborists with minimal experience but they just passed the CA test 2 months ago and think they are 'experts'.

No Brett just the the qualification for an ISA CA. I don't really care about your qualifications since they were never called into question the way you questioned mine.

You'll notice I am purposely not questioning yours because I don't care.

I would be more pro ISA CA but it has no value. This is evidenced by the fact that your insurance co considers you no more qualified to do trees than the lawn amigos.

That's pretty much what I do, except I tell them I'm a State Certified Arborist (Massachusetts), and of course nobody knows the difference.

No Brett just the the qualification for an ISA CA. I don't really care about your qualifications since they were never called into question the way you questioned mine.

You'll notice I am purposely not questioning yours because I don't care.

I would be more pro ISA CA but it has no value. This is evidenced by the fact that your insurance co considers you no more qualified to do trees than the lawn amigos.

I never questioned your qualifications, Nate.

The ISA is alright by me. The only crime I ever committed was "misuse of park property" when I was a minor. My brother and I got busted for climbing a large eucalyptus tree in the park by my house. I really wish I had a copy of that citation now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Darin, I have seen you wear shorts in public, if it's not a crime, it should be

The ISA is alright by me. The only crime I ever committed was "misuse of park property" when I was a minor. My brother and I got busted for climbing a large eucalyptus tree in the park by my house. I really wish I had a copy of that citation now.

How could that be a crime, Darin? Oh, a quasi crime.

I still have my original citations for climbing in the parks over 30 years ago. Precious memories of park rangers bored with their jobs and see anything that people do out of the ordinary as illegal. Judges threw both convictions out. But that was the good old days with good ol judges.

I'm not a CA and never have been, but I feel the ISA has done a lot of good in bringing the trade up to what it is today. Though with this new questionnaire form for CA recert I think they should nullify it and seriously reconsider what they are asking of their constituents.

There's just something not quite right about it that sticks in my craw. And I think it's a consensus with most members.

Still no comeback from the ISA? Hopefully there will be.

Haven't heard a thing.

Guess they didn't really "need" that questionnaire back, after all.

Back