Carbon Fiber Geckos

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still can't get over how light they are. When I pick them up, I'm like "Whoaaaa!"
hippy.gif
party.gif

We've got a pair of the regular geckos at the arboretum; they've got the euro gaffs on em as well. I'm gonna be bummed when I leave there and I have to go back to my bashlins :cry:

jp:D

haha, if i want an opinion on something for climbing, i ask a climber
that vids a joke! :lol:

true dat!!

I wore Mickey's alu Geckos today again.. Must say I like them. They're pole gaffs, and I was in a cedar. Perfect..

Second tree was a dead elm with the bark off, and i was back on my B'hams/tree gaffs....which were OK, but was wishing I had the Gecks on.

Butch, with carbon fiber geckos.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iBKqwdxUH8U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iBKqwdxUH8U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I wore them Wednesday on a red oak TD, and what can I say? They're awesome! I don't know how crazy I am about the velcro wrap around, but I think I can learn to live with that. They really stick in the wood!

stick into ropes too if you aint' careful.........superlight aye?

MB, Is the velcro strap hard to get tight like the Buckingham pads. I used the Buckingham pads once and couldn't stand them.

I could help those caddies out there boss if they get too jealous and ever need a home ;). JK. I bet you never part with those Bashlins and caddies.

Though your caddie's are probably jealous.

Ha, not really. I'm gonna put pole gaffs on them! ;)

MB, Is the velcro strap hard to get tight like the Buckingham pads. I used the Buckingham pads once and couldn't stand them.

There's a knack to getting those tight, and I don't quite know how to explain it. All I can say is you have to have your calf in the proper position and then pull the hell outta them until you seal them together. If you just half-assed slap them on, they'll invariably twist on you!

Back