CF Gecko's Worth it?

I tried Willies pair this summer and loved them enough to buy a pair when I got home.

Us old guys gotta have some lighter gear, so we can keep up with the youngsters:lol:

True enough, my friend.

Bounce borrowed my CFs to climb the big azz Doug fir at Flipfest in 2010...he liked 'em pretty well :).

Attachments

• Flipfest 007.jpg
    Flipfest 007.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 13
  • Flipfest 014.jpg
    Flipfest 014.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For me, the CF's are worth the price because my work often requires me to pack my climbing gear across the mountain side. I appreciated the change from steel Buckinghams to aluminum Bashlins, and I REALLY appreciated the change to CF Geckos.

Other than that reason, maybe not so much. When in actual use, I notice the light weight, but don't really think it makes all that much difference. I got the medium length, fit me fine. Just measure what you're wearing now, from stirrup to top of shank/pad.

They are cooler than the under side of your pillow, though. I still laugh when I pick one up...feels like it wants to float away.

Thanks for the great response. I think I am going to pull the trigger on them in the next few days. Thanks everyone.

You guys climbing on cf, have you noticed any degrading at all, I mean besides getting beat up? I once heard that the jury was still out on how cf holds up long term in the sun, etc. It was a number of years ago, however, and a discussion about bicycle frames. Not really sure what cf degrading would look like?

Mine don't spend enough time in the sun to have much chance to degrade...I've seen no sign of it, but I doubt that means much. My real climbing days are behind me, I fear.

Mine are in a tool box when I don't wear them so no degradation that I have noticed

4 years for me so far......veryt little wear. only degrade is pads wear out. i wear them daily

Naw, my guys will "accidentally" leave theirs in the other truck sometimes. And I didn't say at all, be using them Monday on some beetle kills

Oh sheesh, still! This month! I promise!
Nothing special monday but i'll see if we can get some video just for you:)

Back