CF Gecko's Worth it?

If you haven't bought them yet, the question I'd ask is whether it is the best way to spend the money, in addition to if they are worth it. Is there any other gear that would better diversify your arsenal?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you haven't bought them yet, the question I'd ask is whether it is the best way to spend the money, in addition to if they are worth it. Is there any other gear that would better diversify your arsenal?

Still didn't buy them, to be honest I am on the fence. Been thinking it over for the past couple days.

I kind of doubt you'd have liked the fit of the aluminum model any better than the CF's, Butch. Same general pad profile and shank/gaff orientation.

Butch, Check out the Climbright ones, they arent as light but they are pretty comfy. The pads are 10oz each and with the spurs they are under 3 pounds each according to wesspur. I didnt weigh mine, as I am not to concerned, but i really like them!

Personally, I can lift my legs all day, easy peasy. My bigger concern is how much strain I put on my wrists, elbows, and shoulders from rope climbing. Figuring that I might save 2-4 pounds (I don't know what they weigh), I would only be looking at 1-2% tops of weight reduction compared to my bodyweight/ gear.

I figured after wearing my heavy Kleins for the first 15 years, an upgrade to the Geck alums. would be difference enough. They were.

Back