Big Gross super dead Ash tomorrow morning.

CoreyYLTG

Treehouser
Boy am I excited. When I went to look at it a bird came in and took out a 3" piece with its body weight. Pretty much void of sticks. A little vine on the bottom to top it all off. No where to set up a sky line so I'm going to put a crane on it. Pretty good bit of room to drop stuff. I don't really want to stand on it and do crane picks so I'm thinking I will tie in off the ball and piece it out. I'll post pics tomorrow and should get some video as well. If you don't hear from me again it won't be because of this tree, it will be because my wife just asked if her new jeans made her look fat and I said "compared to what?" Instead of no.

Sounds like a good call on the crane...hoorah for good thought processes.

Just don't screw up the answers with your wife!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It shouldn't be too hateful. Like I said I will have a crane. As dead as it is if it was a manual climb it would take all day. With the crane being there, the drop zone, and the fact that it is a leave lay I'm actually doing it in the morning on the way to another job. The next one just isn't as cool.

Good luck Cory. With the wife that is. No matter what answer you give, you more than likely are wrong. Trust me. I haven't been right since I said I do.

hahaha. Good luck Cory. Pics if you get a chance!!

I always wanted to piece something out from a knuckle-boom. Crane should be sweet.

Good luck Cory. With the wife that is. No matter what answer you give, you more than likely are wrong. Trust me. I haven't been right since I said I do.

Honest to God I've been asked by my wife what I wanted for dinner, told her, been told I was wrong, ate dinner, and sure enough she was right. What gives?

I'll post pics tomorrow and should get some video as well. If you don't hear from me again it won't be because of this tree, it will be because my wife just asked if her new jeans made her look fat and I said "compared to what?" Instead of no.

With that, you get five stars for pegging my mirth level for the day!!!

I failed. I absolutely failed. When the crane started running late I completely gave up on pictures and video in in effort to get the job done and on to the next one. I have one crappy cell picture of the tree so you can see what it looked like before we started. Ended up not being all that hateful. Pretty dead and pretty small, but I ended up being able to crane down the bulk of the wood which helped a lot. All in all it took about two hours to complete.

In the bottom left you can see that somebody already took down a few leads that looked to have leaned into the big open drop zone. As cheap as the home owner was I'm guessing he hired somebody off of craigslist or something to take it down and they didn't finish. When I talked to the people at the bank the rest of the tree went over about closing part of their parking lot for the take down they told me the banks legal department had recently contacted the property owner about the tree. The tree was on a rental property.

Back