"Ashley Book of Knots" Free Download (Full Book) Courtesy of Knotorious!

Knotorious

That Guy With The Face
I own a PDF version of the Ashley Book of Knots (a book that is normally quite expensive) and I thought that some of you might want to download it for personal use. Simply click on my sharing link for Google Drive (a cloud service), view the file and then download it. The file is over 600 pages long, with countless images and diagrams, and so it may require some time to load properly after downloading it. It may seem as if the file has stalled or frozen once opened, but it actually just takes more time than your average PDF to load. The file size may be too large for Google Drive to produce a preview and it may immediately prompt you to download the file instead. Be sure to save the file as something recognizable (my default title is probably fine) and to save it to a destination you know how to easily access.

If anyone has any difficulty getting my link to work, please let me know! Enjoy!

My phone would have an anyerism (however you spell that) trying to download that. Phuk I need a desktop.

It just needs to be hermetically sealed from dust and perfectly fine with sitting unplugged for a month or two at a time, then only getting power from a generator for a few hours before another week long shutdown...

Oh, that's why I don't have one lolz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My phone would have an anyerism (however you spell that) trying to download that. Phuk I need a desktop.

It just needs to be hermetically sealed from dust and perfectly fine with sitting unplugged for a month or two at a time, then only getting power from a generator for a few hours before another week long shutdown...

Oh, that's why I don't have one lolz

You should definitely be able to download this on your phone. It would default download to your "files/downloads" folder and could be viewed wtih whatever stock PDF reader is pre-installed on your phone.

Too much data? If you remember when you hit the town, you could find some free wifi to get the download.

If you really wanted a computer, a laptop should be very doable in your situation. Charge it via solar. Dust doesn't matter that much. Blow it out every so often.

Too much data? If you remember when you hit the town, you could find some free wifi to get the download.

If you really wanted a computer, a laptop should be very doable in your situation. Charge it via solar. Dust doesn't matter that much. Blow it out every so often.
You'd think that, but I've got a stack of five dead foldy-puters. Not sure I'm willing to dish out for the next one on the stack.

Solar isn't all its cracked up to be. Batteries are expensive and have shit lifespans, simple as. Then there's charge controllers, inverters blah blah blah. I've built enough of those systems to scoff. Free power? No, you've just made yourself the power company, with all the responsibility that entails.

The dust is a major issue, we have stuff so fine it comes through the walls in the wind, exploiting every tiny gap and coating everything in a fine layer of "Moon Dust". It kills electronics with startling speed and efficiency.

And no, data isn't the issue, my phone has minimal storage space because this piece of shit Samsung doesn't take an SD card. Haven't seen that shit in years, but here I am. Need to replace my old phone, then upgrade this one.

You'd think that, but I've got a stack of five dead foldy-puters. Not sure I'm willing to dish out for the next one on the stack.

Solar isn't all its cracked up to be. Batteries are expensive and have shit lifespans, simple as. Then there's charge controllers, inverters blah blah blah. I've built enough of those systems to scoff. Free power? No, you've just made yourself the power company, with all the responsibility that entails.

The dust is a major issue, we have stuff so fine it comes through the walls in the wind, exploiting every tiny gap and coating everything in a fine layer of "Moon Dust". It kills electronics with startling speed and efficiency.

And no, data isn't the issue, my phone has minimal storage space because this piece of shit Samsung doesn't take an SD card. Haven't seen that shit in years, but here I am. Need to replace my old phone, then upgrade this one.

"...foldy-puters!" Lmao, that's a new one for me! Love it!

I hope people don't squander this opportunity to own the de facto book about knots for $Zero Dollars and Zero Cents. Avoid future regret! I won't leave this link up forever (or will I?).

And yes, I suppose this makes ya boy Knotorious somewhat of a pirate, but I've got nothing on the Somalis...yet. As soon as I get my latest arsenal of grappling hooks, Kalashnikovs and RPGs, I'll be ready to embrace the third world and start forcibly boarding merchant marine vessels and cargo ships while I tweak on the cathinone saturated Khat plant (it's like Coca for Somali pirates). Most vessels are insured against piracy these days, so ransoms typically get paid so long as we don't issue too much violence against the crew members. Just have to worry about those pesky first world naval fleets and helicopters lurking and patrolling in our waters.

(If you didn't already figure it out, I'm not actually a Somali pirate. I just have a strange sense of humor.)

"...foldy-puters!" Lmao, that's a new one for me! Love it!

I hope people don't squander this opportunity to own the de facto book about knots for $Zero Dollars and Zero Cents. Avoid future regret! I won't leave this link up forever (or will I?).

And yes, I suppose this makes ya boy Knotorious somewhat of a pirate, but I've got nothing on the Somalis...yet. As soon as I get my latest arsenal of grappling hooks, Kalashnikovs and RPGs, I'll be ready to embrace the third world and start forcibly boarding merchant marine vessels and cargo ships while I tweak on the cathinone saturated Khat plant (it's like Coca for Somali pirates). Most vessels are insured against piracy these days, so ransoms typically get paid so long as we don't issue too much violence against the crew members. Just have to worry about those pesky first world naval fleets and helicopters lurking and patrolling in our waters.

(If you didn't already figure it out, I'm not actually a Somali pirate. I just have a strange sense of humor.)
Just don't touch American ships and you'll be fine.

The USN doesn't like it when people mess with boats flying the US flag. They tend to get kinda shooty.

I saw a video one time of some Somali pirates who mistook a US Navy battleship for a vessel of lesser magnitude. They were hoping to hold the ship's cargo for ransom since ships carrying munitions and tanks have a high deliverance rate for ransom. Needless to say they got lit the f*ck up. The US Navy fired RPGs and 0.50 caliber rounds at the three pirate speedboats, turning them into human Jell-O and a fine red mist.

I assure you, it was not a rocket propelled grenade. That is a peasants weapon. I speak with certainty that the USN is purely patrician. It was likely a half million dollar Seafire (a hellfire derivative) or one of the Standard Missile series.

Also, by the time the Somalis started their shit, the Iowa class had been long since decommissioned and turned into museums.

Not to be that guy, but I'm kind of a navy nerd. To the uninitiated, all big grey warships, that aren't carriers, basically look the same. And Hollywood has massively influenced the populations concept of military ordnance.

I assure you, it was not a rocket propelled grenade. That is a peasants weapon. I speak with certainty that the USN is purely patrician. It was likely a half million dollar Seafire (a hellfire derivative) or one of the Standard Missile series.

Also, by the time the Somalis started their shit, the Iowa class had been long since decommissioned and turned into museums.

Not to be that guy, but I'm kind of a navy nerd. To the uninitiated, all big grey warships, that aren't carriers, basically look the same. And Hollywood has massively influenced the populations concept of military ordnance.

Apparently, what happened was that the high caliber tracer rounds they were firing ignited the fuel tanks on the pirate's speed boats, causing explosions. So yeah. No RPGs; also no Seafire or Hellfire missiles. The fire was coming from the gun turrets, so big rounds cutting pirates into ground beef.

Back