Best value in good climbing saw

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 231
  • Views 24K
Most stations here don't have anyone working at them. Put your money, credit card, ATM out at the pump. Or if you have to interact with a person you can go inside and pay the quickie mart clerk.

Who wants to pump your own gas :roll:

I get the widows washed, the ashtray too, if necessary, with some scented beads put in, and get a clean damp towel loaned for wiping down the interior. Oil and tires checked, no problemo. Sometimes the attendant is a hot chick, too.

You guys have forgotten the pleasure of good service. :P

I worked the 7 to 7 night shift at a full service Billups when I was 16. Six days a week, 95 bucks take home. Ha, I thought I was rich!

Who wants to pump your own gas :roll:

I get the widows washed, the ashtray too, if necessary, with some scented beads put in, and get a clean damp towel loaned for wiping down the interior. Oil and tires checked, no problemo. Sometimes the attendant is a hot chick, too.

You guys have forgotten the pleasure of good service. :P

I read in Newsweek that in Japan the attendant will even go out and stop traffic so you can get back on the road.

I read in Newsweek that in Japan the attendant will even go out and stop traffic so you can get back on the road.

Yes, or at least walk your car to the curb repeatedly saying thank you. I've come close to running over a few attendants when they go out and stop traffic.

The first few self service places have just started opening up.

Perfect Japanese, MB.

I forgot to mention that they will wash your floor mats too, if you ask.

They charge a buck and a half to use the restroom...haha just joking. :D

When I hire a climber, I outfit him with all he needs. A new 200T is part of that. Take care of it and I won't complain with normal service issues. Mostly a 6 month full service. Great saw and worth the money. Most problems are due to not cleaning the spark arrestor or taking it off because the climber thinks it gets more power that way. The other is running less than 92 octane. New air filters are on the truck if needed and each is responsible for his saw. On take downs, I like the MS260T whick is around 450 dollars and great for chunking out rounds. 5 saws a week sounds crazy! I run 14 guys(8 climbers and 6 groundies) and buy maybe 5 saws a year.
Jeff

Heck yea. My muffler is gone completely and it screams.

You are killing your cylinder!!!---Ow! In California, our saws have all the enviromental and emission stuff and only run long time if kept that way. No carb adjustments for me. Easier to repair or replace. Easy for me because I have plenty of back up. I hired a guy and let him go 3 days later. Thats a back-up saw. I just don't tinker with them.
Jeff

Anyone unwilling or unable to properly adjust a carb will end up replacing a lot of saws unneccessarily. Glad it's your money, not mine. Your ignorance doesn't make everybody else wrong, though.

I do agree with you that Butch is ruining his saw running it without a muffler.

Anyone unwilling or unable to properly adjust a carb will end up replacing a lot of saws unneccessarily. Glad it's your money, not mine. Your ignorance doesn't make everybody else wrong, though.

I do agree with you that Butch is ruining his saw running it without a muffler.

Uh What!, Why are you calling me ingnorant?! Who are you to tell me I am wasting money?! You come off as some kinda mean- spirited know it all and I haven't called anyone names! I am not paying my climbers to adjust saws unless I can't afford it! Wise-up!
Jeff

jeff, I do agree with skwerl....

There are variations with fuel, elevations, and other things. Sometimes carb jets can move out of adjustment.

I use my tach from time to time to be sure all is properly adjusted. It is important that both the low and high jets be set correctly, and even moreso with the advent of no lead fuel, and the addition of ethanol....

And, off point, neither skwerl nor myself run many stock saws. They're slow!! Pull that screen from a 200T, adjust the carb, and gain about 8% in power. Some of my woods ported saws are over 50% faster than stock.

Also, all those EPA requirements do is make a saw run hotter, and rob power. A cooler running saw will last longer. Stock saws, however, do create less pollution. As well, the newer strato charged saws get good fuel economy, but at the expense of power and weight, as they are all a bit heavier.

Back