Best value in good climbing saw

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 231
  • Views 24K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will check out that new solo. anything that competes with the big bad bear gets my money $600 is way too much for a climbing saw

Any good piece of gear that gets you down, paid, and home sooner is worth money.

There's a difference between value and price. You asked about value and now it seems your main concern is price. :what:

200t is the saw. If you're seriously sweating the difference in price you need to step up production or charge more. The job has to pay for the tools and then have gravy on top.

No doubt. It's not really a discussion. Get a 200t unless you just like being a pain in the ass oddball, then get the husky climbing saw.

Or if you don't really know how to climb or use a climbing saw, then the benefits of the 200T would go unappreciated.

I will check out that new solo. anything that competes with the big bad bear gets my money $600 is way too much for a climbing saw

Didn't you guys see that coming? Stihl wasn't even really an option:|:

I have a 192t, muffler modded etc. It's a slug. I had a 346xp that wouldn't even keep up with a 200t, I don't have that saw anymore!
You can puss out, and cheap out, or you can buy a 200t!
I'm nothing more than a wanna be hack with piss poor training, but I own a 200t now.
Buy an Echo, you will buy a 200t in less than a year anyways. (Was that cost effective?)

I suspect this guy's business model involves a lot of hands off management. just picking up the checks. I wouldn't spend big bucks on saws and then hand them over to a bunch of unsupervised, untrained hacks whose only motivation is their next drink or hit.

Having said that, I think that kind of business model is wicked retahded.

That's the new little Echo copy I think, they were Orange.

They've got copies of Stihl & Husky as well under various names.

Chinese manufacturers are masters of imitation. They even make copycat BMWs. I wouldn't speak to the quality, though.

I have two 200Ts good running condition. Two that are parts saws. I use my 192T with a 14 inch bar for light pruning jobs where almost all the cuts will be under 3 inches. That is to save wear and tear on the very expensive 200's.

Heavy pruning and removals, 200T.

I think the 192T is a far better saw than any of the Echo top handles. The Echos that I tried out did not last very long. After 6 months of steady use it was time to just throw them away.

Back