Best value in good climbing saw

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 231
  • Views 24K
How about the echo 341 its a cheap climbing saw and if you take care of it , it will last..

you guys seem to love your 200's , I ran the 020T for three years ..... overall a good performer , three fuel pickup assemblies later I sold it ..... Two Husky climb saws are on my truck now because of the fuel line issues....

I hear you on getting turned off to a brand due to one bad experience. At one time Stihl was my favorite brand for medium to large saws. A horrid 9 month experience with the fixed jet carb on an 026 Pro ended that. From the day I got rid of that POS I have never owned another Stihl rear handled saw. Everything in my saw box is orange except for the 200Ts. In the last year I've bought a Stihl polesaw and a Stihl blower as well. One day I might buy another Stihl rear handled saw but not yet.

Erik has a top handle echo that just won't die and he's been trying to kill it for many years now.

I almost bought the Husky. But I was a bit leary of it as there were no reviews at the time and it was new out. Also the fact it is made for CA kinda makes me nervous:/:

A cheap B & D circular saw might be just the ticket. Lots of extension cords though. But the cords can double as climbing lines and bull lines.

A cheap B & D circular saw might be just the ticket. Lots of extension cords though. But the cords can double as climbing lines and bull lines.

Nah, skillsaws are old hat... use one of them new battery powered Sawzalls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well some things never change in the climbers world but shouldnt it? I know the 200 is the best but when yoou have to buy maybe 5 saws a week is it fair for us to have to pay $600 somemoleans for them? That is all I am saying.I mean shouldnt we demand a fair price for a chicken sheit saw?

If you have to buy 5 saws a week then the problem is not the saws. It is the unqualified idiots you hire for pennies off the side of the road. :roll:

Time for you to go to Arboristsite and hang out with all the other wannabe idiots who don't know a frikkin thing about treework.

Yeah... if you're buying 5 saws a week... the saws aren't the issue, dude.

It's not a chicken shit saw, it turns 14 or 15 thousand RPM. The rear handle is a superior ground saw. That's what the message is here that you don't seem to get... serious climbers swear by 200Ts, almost exclusively. At $600 with a bar and chain it pays for itself in one or two jobs.

You'll dogcuss yourself when your up in a tree wearing your shoulder out trying to get a cheap saw to start. My 3 year old 200T usually starts on the first pull when it's warm. I wouldn't want take a big top with any other small saw.

You asked, we gave you our opinion.

Who's buying 5 saws a week anyway? We can't even demand that Stihl give us a choice on oil caps, they aren't about to cut the price because Echo sells a cheap doppelganger.

Back