Back is out...this sux

I train daily so I can keep doing this stuff. And a back injury isn't necessarily a permanent affliction. I threw my back out several times as a younger man. The chiropractor did his thing and that was it. My back's been fine for decades, knock on wood.

I spent the weekend splitting logs with a six ton splitter then throwing the logs over the fence and into my garden, I have had to have to take the last two days off, as once again my back has failed to cope with the work.

I think you're right Butch but I tend just to wear it climbing only, now of course I will have to wear it all the time, I hate splitting logs, even with a machine.

I only wear mine in the bucket; climbing doesn't aggravate my back. If anything, it kinda stretches it out, if you can bleeb dat.

That, plus holding a saw and a limb when cut n tossing. I try NOT to lean and instead move the bucket closer. But sometimes it's easy to forget when you get going...

I bet the shorter you are, the better your back holds up, bucket-wise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Totally agree there, Butch. I'm about 6'1" and its a killer on me...I try to move closer as much as possible, but you know how it is when you get into your tree groove. I agree about climbing, I always feel pretty good after a day of climbing. Tired, but good.

my neighbor puts his splitter up on the drive -up car ramps and a large block of wood , this raise the height and reduces some of the bending while operating ...

Back