August Hunicke Videos

Well it isn't usually boring. As my climber says, 'If I'm not doing something that endangers my life, I fall asleep'.

I usually say that in my kind of work, a bad day at the office isn't when somebody has taken the last coffee and not put another batch through the coffee maker, but when I narrowly escape being maimed or killed.
Your typical office worker has a bit oif a hard time understanding that.

"Working with trees must be fun."

"Ya, I employ a lot of skills and put on a bunch of safety gear to help prevent life-altering or ending injuries, then add a bunch of very sharp saw and gear weight, and focus on not wrecking important people and costly things, while being focused on not falling to my death, while making a profit. Ya, fun."

Hahahahahahaha^^^
You barely scratch the surface.

Not going to go on about God in mixed company but, I go through life feeling like the life chose me.
And God knew I wouldn't pray much unless I was regularly in some sort of danger. Haha
It's how he makes something salvageable out of not much.

Not going to go on about God in mixed company but, I go through life feeling like the life chose me.
And God knew I wouldn't pray much unless I was regularly in some sort of danger. Haha
It's how he makes something salvageable out of not much.
.... Can relate to that Aug , prob another thread to start but I do share this fact freely. My Tai Chi study left me with a devout practice called standing meditation. Pretty much "Horse Stance" in Yogurt. Every morning no matter what (though only human I miss a day or two a year) ...My way to connect ... W whatever higher power there is in the universe , internal and external. My "Shield Of Faith".... Helps me big time.

...should be Yoga , translation from Chinese is "rooting" and "respecting Grandma (Earth)". Prayer / Meditation ... All one to me. Names , stories , even Dogma are different. Simply the acknowledge of something greater and trying to tap in.

I'm with ya on that. Like many who were raised Roman Catholic, I want nothing to do with any organized religion telling me what is what. But I am no atheist, more of an agnostic. I kinda blend what makes sense to me from wherever it comes from. There's something more than us at work, and my beliefs don't have to agree with yours for both to hold true.

Agnostics are the bomb!
Seems like a very sane wtg.
Atheism requires too much faith.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BK52aYjtOM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good one, August.

I've been wondering what happened to the THT Three Hole Thimble. Seems like discussion disappeared. Hadn't seen DD on TB.

I wonder how this does on a vertical conifer spar, common to our respective locales.

The challenge I've had with the BMS Belay Spool is the rope getting pinched against the trunk sometimes on vertical wood, especially if I don't extend the sling a bunch.

Can you weigh in on the vertical trunk application?

Good one, August.

I've been wondering what happened to the THT Three Hole Thimble. Seems like discussion disappeared. Hadn't seen DD on TB.

I wonder how this does on a vertical conifer spar, common to our respective locales.

The challenge I've had with the BMS Belay Spool is the rope getting pinched against the trunk sometimes on vertical wood, especially if I don't extend the sling a bunch.

Can you weigh in on the vertical trunk application?

Change the name of THT to Safebloc.
Sherill has run with it. I don't know if it will be available anywhere else. It's almost available to the public. Works great for negative rigging and ariel friction. Have not ever seen it jam against the trunk but I suppose it's possible at some point if it were not installed and anticipated correctly.
It's designed for top of the spar friction so perhaps that would even help ;-)
Check out Lawrence Schultz's new video on YouTube he put yesterday and you can see the THT/safebloc in different scenarios. More to come. Straight up-and-down seems to be no problem. There must be a way to jam the thing if you try though.

Does it specify how to route the rope in relation to the trunk?

Thanks.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6PNWzT_qLa4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not having run the thought through my head much, I wonder if you could have a ring spliced on the other end and install it like a ring and ring device from the ground?

I will ask David to give his thoughts here. Remote set is a great idea. But I would do that with a basal tie.

Back