Dandandatreeman videos.

That was awesome.

Yeah, never any fun to be climbing out on the only leader left after top broke out, not to mention the airy base. I had one just like that this spring.....we got the bucket in there for it, thank god. :O I'm up there cutting, thinking damn I would not want to climb this, even though you can see that it is 99.9% likely good to hold you. Nice job by the knuckleheads who built the new walkway under it.

Gotta love the starter rope drama right before lift off.

You are a highly skilled climber, what keeps you from starting your own company, Not saying you should or shouldn't, just wondering. Your boss is lucky to have you, somebody willing and also able to climb that fuc k wad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you so much for the kind words. Idk what it is keeping me back. Nothing is holding me down....

I suppose working with all that nice equipment is a big plus, saves a boatload of physical labor on ya. And if your'e being well paid, well then all may be hunky dory. But imagine what you coulda charged for that nasty fookin tree, get it down, chip it up, call in a sub with log truck to take it away, make some bank.

Um, then, later that afternoon do 4 appts, sharpen saws, do some maintenance, schedule work for tomorrow, return calls, do some paperwork.... :drink: :\: :barf:

I suppose working with all that nice equipment is a big plus, saves a boatload of physical labor on ya. And if your'e being well paid, well then all may be hunky dory. But imagine what you coulda charged for that nasty fookin tree, get it down, chip it up, call in a sub with log truck to take it away, make some bank.

Um, then, later that afternoon do 4 appts, sharpen saws, do some maintenance, schedule work for tomorrow, return calls, do some paperwork.... :drink: :\: :barf:
You make it sound soooo appealing. Hahaha

Good stuff.

In such a tricky situation like that I would have liked a little more finesse from the rope man though.

Seemed a little reactive rather than anticipating situations.

What happened to the 2511t? I could hear it loosing power, probably from heat. I was concerned about how hot it was getting with such a long cut. Actually my first thought was, you're going to run out of gas before your reach the top. It makes me concerned what extra abuse a ported one would get since extra compression generates more heat. I had some people ask me to port a 2511t to run a 20" bar after they saw my video, and I'd tell them you still need to limit cuts to around 12" as to not risk burning one up. They didn't like that answer.

@Nutball sorry about that. I thought you were talking about my 490. The 2511 is seized up. I was way too lean on the high side. Great ear sir. I was running a .43 gauge 16" bar. All is good thought I have another one. I think I'm going to go back to a 12 on it.

Back