August Hunicke Videos

I thought "working in a new area" meant another line of work. I didn't catch that it meant expanding the range you travel to.

Carry on!

An employee owned business model might be worth looking into. I know nothing of them in specifics, but at least two quite successful businesses I frequent are doing it that way.

Yes Burn, something like that. yep butch larger area. . .
Squish, I like the way you make it sound.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B2IZC9dKAN4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interesting August is down to hire new help. Hiring is terrifying to me. There's plenty of capable guys out there, finding them is hell.

Hey, Cory! Could you expound on what it is that makes finding good help so difficult? I'm interested in it from the other direction, too. What kinds of things would you like to see in a person who comes to you looking for a position? I hope this is not too much of a derail. Thanks.

Tim

Idk, it seems most folks don't have the right knack for the work (lacking mechanical aptitude, or physical strength and agility, or of course basic dependability), and if they have that stuff, they still have to be a good fit into the small crew. I have very low turn over thank god but when I do need a new person, it is a major source of stress. But that's just me perhaps.

I wouldn't say 'nobody' but it is arguably an uncommon mix of attributes preferred.

My pals and I must be pretty rare then, three of us worked together on Friday...sooo smooth, I would start a full time biz with them if it made financial sense beyond what we do now...and they could quit what they currently do!! So, unlikely. I'm happy with the time they can give me.
Mind you we are all volunteer road rescue and fire brigade too...

These days it is a lifestyle thing for some. I think it was Jomo (who is due a reappearance soon) who said it was something healthy young men did who were unsuitable for more skilled work.

Same Stig, people constantly interested in working for me. It's an advantage, the youtube rep for me.

question: is there a climate change thread on this forum anywhere?

Hahahaha, “My YouTube hater comment would be…“
When you put it like that, it just sounds fun to troll.
Sean, every time I see FTW, I first think it’s saying fu\< the world.
“For the win,” got it.

Back