August Hunicke Videos

Did you know the bell n ball cat chokers are directional in the same sense as a clove hitch Aug?

Rig em wrong and give them slack?

They can come undone......

Jomo

I don’t know Jomo, I’ve done a lot with chokers in my life, but never rigged one wrong.8)

Spoiled me fuggin rotten Big Twig!

Crane work has many hidden dangers IME.

You need to know what each pick's gonna do beforehand.

I'm a huge fan of single point pick's like Butch, surprisingly, but time's money rentin 120 ton cranes.

Though 90% of my crane work's been done with a little truck crane like Aug's, I've done hundreds with cab over cranes from 75, 90, 120, 175 and 300 ton hydro cranes over my career in this biz.

It's a bizarre feeling to be hanging out on 175 feet of stick at 2am in the morning during an emergency rainstorm removal.

It pays to be conservative about your load charts and outrigger footing IME.

Does your crane have a forward front bumper 5th outrigger Aug?

Jomo

Does Adam have a driver's license yet? From this vantage point, seems as though you're really going to need another (CDL) driver and soon, with all the pieces of your kit needing to roll out in different configurations.

Distance from the crane's center pin makes it a hydraulic outrigger.

I like rigging towards the center pin unles there's an obstacle between us.

Jomo

Adam has legal cdl now.
no front stabilizer Jom.
Whats Bleah? Butch post too short?
Help me understand.

Which means you should never pick off the nose of your truck unless there's enough weight on the bed to counter balance the pick's weight, of course.

Work safe n conservative bro.

Jomo

Tap root me thinks.

I love those weathered/partially decayed chunks of tree, my wife not so much. I have to hide them at the house when they follow me home.

Great pic!

Are you wondering exactly how you got by without a crane??!!??

Is it possible the central core of the stump ripped loose and slide down some?

You should weigh yourself now, you just got the crane. Then again in 2 months. See if Reg's prediction comes true;)

Back