August Hunicke Videos

Ja, now that you're active on the board again, you're teasing us... building up the suspense for a theatrical release!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nT2s8k7oqvQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Use HD setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
that cartoon effect is cool

Lordy it must have been thrilling to take that first beefy pick so nicely.

Second pic: spider legs ftw! They're handy for trees like that which have high spindly regrowth

I can't imaging this crane work bears much resemblance to crane use on fishing boats.

gotta love the music change from tense to happy after the cut comes off

Mighty smooth overall.

Are those the chains PCtree recommended?

Tree would have been quite the pita without a crane.

Good Show! Good Show!

Do you have a solid 4th Amigo, now?

Looks like you've cultivated a formidable crew, presumably with a lot of grooming. Congrats. Hats off to Damian, but guinea pig in the bucket...with the bird box pick, he's ready to get outta Dodge, but it gently floats away.

Awesome August, way to make her pay her way. Jobs like that it won't take long. That red button is not what i thought it was, so i had to look it up. It's the step on it button lol, increases hoist speed. This is what i was talking about originally... they either come stock on the top or bolt on like this one... Awesome machine man, maybe one day!

Screenshot_20181203-201601_Samsung Internet.jpg

Congrats on the crane purchase, August!

That truck should serve you well for a long time, and it will make you money being available to you 24/7!

Nice vid -- you captured the tension & relief moments well, perfectly timed to the music. I also appreciate your candor with disclosing a few pricing details about some of your jobs (underbid, this crane one, a couple others). It shows that our markets & pricing is similar, pretty spot on. I would have thought that being on the West Coast, you would have perhaps a 20% premium due to cost of living versus us in the Midwest, but it looks pretty comparable to what our pricing is or would be to similar scope jobs. Are your prices a bit lower due to being away from larger population centers in OR? And out of curiosity, how do you compare with SOTC (rough percentages or ballpark)?

That price is high compared to NYC suburbs, ime.

SOTC. . . That guy!!! I don’t compare, I just emulate, but in my own sort of hack type way :lol:
If I had to guess I would say he’s probably usually higher. I mean that in a comprehensively smarter/more fair to the cost of doing business way. Watch bad trees 7. I had that tree bid for almost $11,000 but he was higher than me. They were going for a low bid. Mine was the lowest. He is the best authority on bidding that I have ever talked to to. My favorite thing I learned from him was to charge what I charge and walk away and don’t look back.

Editing this post so that I can add some stuff to it rather than make another post for the love of Butch.
Thanks for the comments guys. Reg the wood stayed on that job. And we didn’t cut it up LOL it was additional $400 to haul the wood. $3050 to remove the tree and grind the stump.
Tree removal alone was $2650.
How long should I keep editing this post butch? I think this is number four.
The homeowner is the retired mayor of the city. I had work for him before. Video A-Team 2 was the same property.

Last edited:
There's a reason these chokers are best sellers in the logging world, but they are illegal for overhead crane work, making Roger B and I, certified outlaws, prolly along with Butch!

Most of my picks were taken using these bell n ball chokers, that in my opinion are only illegal because dufus's can rig them wrong far too easily.

https://www.westechrigging.com/wire-rope-logging-chokers-cat-chokers.html

But they are hands down the quickest most efficient single or twin point chokers in this biz.

Beats the fug outta chains!

Jomo

SOTC. . . That guy!!! I don’t compare, I just emulate, but in my own sort of hack type way :lol:
. Reg the wood stayed on that job. And we didn’t cut it up LOL it was additional $400 to haul the wood. $3050 to remove the tree and grind a stump.
Tree removal alone was $2650.
I guess thats why you have cranes and grapples over there, while we still on hand carts and blisters. Im moving to Oregon, start over. Watch out.

I worked as climber under cranes for a few years in Washington. We always used chokers like that. I often used a double nubbin bridle style choker with an eye on top. 2 bells 2 nubbins.

Im watching!

Don’t knock those chains jomo, they’re really slick!

Back