ABR Secret weapon video

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 59
  • Views 10K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are a multitude of ways to climb with this thing, I ascended frog walker, tied in and rigged the SW as my TIP.

It is really neat as a TIP, it moves with you as you climb since it is on the SRT rope, pretty sweet deal.

I have played around with something similar, but this is very smart.
I'll have to get me one of those.
Where did yours come from.............Nick, maybe?

And coming down, there was a limb about 25 feet down and out, i wanted to do a fast slide and try to land on it, undershot it a bit, came to a solid halt...lol, the SW did not budge :) great confidence builder :)

Thanks for the link.
I went right ahead and ordered one.
Gotta keep ahead of Richard

Seems simple enough, its an inline anchor for your SRT line.

It would work just as well if you choked the SRT line off at your TIP, as long as you used a big enough loop knot so the inline anchor rig can pass through it on the way up. I'm sure you know about doubling the loading on the TIP setting the line as you did. Personally I wouldnt want to leave my srt line so vulnerable at ground level, but that is another discussion!

Now if you incorporated it into your SRT ascending rig, so that it was all set up ready to roll, no messing around with hitches up the tree, that would be cool.

I think if it got to an ISA comp they would expect to see a backup under the hitch once you go to work on the DrDT system.

Instead of spending $50, why not just use a hitch cord with a carabiner and a micropulley? Most people already have these things. I like the whole concept, I just don't understand why you have to buy a piece of gear that is more or less one dementional. With a regular hitch cord, carabiner and micropulley you leave the door open for uses in other practical areas.

You can set it like that man, use the SW to replace your hand ascender and have the already rigged DdRT as your tether...as Greg says ;)

Instead of spending $50, why not just use a hitch cord with a carabiner and a micropulley? Most people already have these things. I like the whole concept, I just don't understand why you have to buy a piece of gear that is more or less one dementional. With a regular hitch cord, carabiner and micropulley you leave the door open for uses in other practical areas.

ahhhh but it can be used as a friction saver on it's own too :)

Nice hybrid system there! I guess now you'll have to call it the not-so-secret weapon. :lol:

yeah, but this is too short for a marchand...:( would like to though ;)

how about using a klemheist knot. Seems like I seen a vid on another website and they were using the klemheist but called it something else. Looks like a great system to incorporate into use with a wraptor and wraptor line already set into the top.

I was wondering about rope on rope klemheist. I was shown to use that knot when putting a flat webbing onto rope using a hitch.

I like that Cary, one thing that jumps out at me is tying the hitch on the ground, setting your ascender below it, maybe have your climb hitch tied and clipped on the back of your saddle ready to go when you get to the top. Then just flip in, feed the eye through the rings, unhook SRT gear, tie knot and go. Regardless its simple and simple is sweet8)

It is a nice little trick for the bag o' tricks. I am happy you posted that Cary :thumbup:
felix.gif

Back