2011 Can-Am Outlander 800R XT

Now that spring has finally sprung here in the north, it's time to get my ride ready for mud season, too. :thumbup:

The rears are about done, and I was thinking of stuffing Spider Tracs back on... but I'm liking the looks of the 589's, Carl. I don't have 4 wheel drive, so I gotta make the back end count! ;)

Really? I thought those were XTR's. :dur:

What's that Outlander weigh, Carl?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stock it weighs 670lbs. The tires and wheels add 130lbs, so I'd guess around 800-825lbs. 10lbs per hp as well.

Holy shit! That's almost as much as my GoldWing!

I'm jealous... not too many big places close by to ATV here. There's a small 5 mile trail on Mt. Dougal, but it's not for the meek, fo sho. Lotta rock climbs, deep mud holes... you'd love it.

Carl did you know i have 3 of those ?
two of which Mr Rpm built the engines for me - im running rage 8s .
I cant believe you put tha cash down for a STM clutch but then again i cant believe i bought two of umm .
You are getting into a very very expensive hobby - i race the GNCC races and man its gets expensive .
I rolled my renegade on top of me the other day not a scratch on the bike - i didnt fair as well .
Next thing - yer gonna ride one with power steering and once you do youll not stop untill you have it .
Well you are real new to the canned ham so maybe ittl be a while befor DPS .
Also youll be breaking stock axles for ever- get some gorrilla axles on it .
And for gods sake do every frame mod there is - the frames on the canned hams are junk .

What all different forums for atving do you visit Carl ?
How did you quickly learn about supreme tool ? Did Greg tell you --- mr rpm ???
Man get some new axles in there and also do you know how to adjust shocks .
Your shock work will do more for the machine than even the stm rage 6.
But if yer just gonna play in water and mud all the time it aint that big of a deal -
If you start getting serious about riding 50 to 100 trail miles a day youll want some big horn 2.0s only 25s
And youll want the suspension way tweaked - come on back to Tennessee some time bring me another gun and ill show you 100 of the best trail riding there is in the world .
You came to my parent house - not mine - i live out in the sticks and from my foor you can ride a 1000 miles - we dont even know how far you can ride .
Get on CATVR and if you want to trail ride get Dans maps in yer GPS .
You will love it - come up to Pickett state park and you can ride over nateral arches and under them .
Ill post up a pic show of us doing some stuff on my older bikes .
I still have the KQs to along with 2 outlanders and one renegade - sometimes i like my KQ it keeps me from getting hurt .
Anyhow check it out - this place is good .
Youd have to arrive without the mud tires though .

So cheack that out and tell me when you want to come with out group - these are the North Cumberland Trail Blazers and you wont find a harder core bunch - just look at the amount of endos - these people are committed .
Ive been racing alot to but i swear the hard core trail blazers are where the fun is .

Back