2011 Can-Am Outlander 800R XT

Damn! You have that thing lookin good! I love black rimes! I would love to put a set of rockstars on my truck, but my wallet doesnt like that idea.

Please tell me you have stood on the back rack and wheelied it? If not try asap and post a short clip of it, bet that sucker is gonna be LOUD soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't stood on the rack, but I've sat on the seat and rode wheelies, sure. The exhaust shouldn't be too bad; I currently have the cores installed.

Got the lift, exhaust, and clutches installed Saturday, rode yesterday. Huge difference in abilities, still waiting for my fender flares, snorkels, and tuner to make it in. Gotta tune the clutch, 3400 rpm engagement and 76-7700rpm shift out is a bit wonky! I can confirm it will wheelie with the bigger tires though. :lol:

Here we are loaded up after the ride. I'll post some pics of the other stuff after its bath.
da54c670.jpg

2485bd10.jpg

Added the Looney Tuned Exhaust, ~2" lift, and fender flares. The clutches are also installed, but they're not exactly visible.

ba08450c.jpg

2d0864c9.jpg

009634eb.jpg

More than the Z. I wanna say 16-17 in the front, more in the back. I'll get you a picture.

I sent this picture staight to Scott, but here it is for others. Not crazy about the positive camber, but it doesn't bug me enough to fab a new arm for it.

41f854c2.jpg

Installed the tuner and factory snorkel kit yesterday. Took the cores out of the exhaust, it sounds pretty wicked now. Started adjusting the clutch, between the clutch and the exhaust/tuner, it's noticably improved. I can pull up the front end while doing 5-10mph by leaning into the throttle.

Might do some more clutch tuning tonight, riding tomorrow.

Judging by the change in wheel geometry. Be sure to check for bump steer.

Bump steer basically hasn't changed since nothing has moved relative to anything else. Same amount of toe change as it came from the factory. The lift was shock mount spacers.

Can-Am's front geometry leaves some to be desired, but I haven't put enough thought into it to decide if what they did was lazy or a decent compromise. Still, it's no big deal for the average person.

Here's another clearance shot.
bd76a9e8.jpg

And some other shots from today. I was playing and a couple friends had their phone out taking pictures.
337fe15b.jpg

79cce094.jpg

9e376c81.jpg

0728749b.jpg

9e55a263.jpg

Later on in the day I did manage to break both right axles, we'll see how good this warranty is!

Haha as I said on FB where I got those pictures, the bike wasn't in that picture. I was trying to figure out why I kept getting pulled out of the ruts and to the side of the hole as shown in the picture above it.

Back