What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 485K
I would be worried about carbon monoxide doing that, probably best to insulate it. You could also heat up water or rocks outside on a fire and then use them to warm up the area as you sleep, and some spray foam to help seal it up better since drafts are where most heat loss occurs. Some of the old school lighter fluid handwarmers would also be a cheap and easy heat source too, a few of them in your bed would really help.

@Kaveman
An old guy who volunteered as a campground host in one of the FS campgrounds I managed in my very early days with the Mt. Hood NF usually had his Coleman gas lantern going at a low setting under the table in his little camp trailer in coolish weather. It worked great, made a lot of heat in a small space. He cracked a window for fresh air.

CM poisoning is real, but a CM detector/alarm is not too spendy at all.

Well, it's that time of year in Arizona (for those of us trapped in the desert regions) where we're beginning to see triple digit temperatures. Very soon, every single day will be in the triple digits. I'm so glad that I'll be leaving for MA in July! I'll miss the worst part of the summer in AZ...for the worst part of the summer in MA; which is not nearly as hot (high 90's at worst), but it's much more humid and humidity sucks, too. Also, bugs. Lots of mosquitoes and whatever else in MA, which can be a nuisance during a climb unless you spray yourself with repellant -- and I almost always do.

Not complaining! Super stoked to be going back to MA. I actually tried filming a new video today outside while it was only 85 degrees and my camera (my phone) was in the shade, but my GoPro was in direct sunlight. My phone ended up overheating and shutting down right in the middle of my demonstration (but of course I had no idea that this had happened until I checked afterwards), but my GoPro worked just fine; which isn't surprising since GoPro's are meant to endure the extremes.

I'm going to have to re-film my demonstration in one of the big workout areas in my apartment complex's gym, which is air conditioned quite nicely. I've never filmed anything in there and, I don't want to disrupt anyone who might be exercising in there, but it's basically just a big room with a weight rack with weights on it, a pile of yoga mats, and three stationary bikes. I plan on going in there super late at night since it's open 24/7 so that I can have that big room to myself. One side of the room is covered with mirrors, so that will look cool as a backdrop.

Anyways, right now it's 3:41pm and it's 92 degrees and getting hotter by the hour.

Rain came in midday and shall turn to snow tonight. Snow level dropping to 3000 feet. Probably not a lot of the white stuff. But this is why we don't plant certain things till after mothers day.
Winter storm watch and travel advisories at upper elevations.
Maybe Kavey will get some.
Snow is mixed in currently.

Back