How'd it go today?

Good deal Brian :thumbup: Glad you're on the go again.

Two more big trailer loads of brush taken off the course today. NOt as sore as I thought I'd be once I warmed up this morning, but my arms & legs are exhausted to uselessness this evening :lol: I may be a touch out of shape for this.

Think I've about got that phase of things finished now though.

Boss took my tractor out today...I saw him stopped and crawling under it so I walked over to see what the problem was...coulnd't get it in FWD...I asked him if he stepped on the "catch/lock"...nope...slipped right in for me..8)

then he proceeded to break a belt on one of the decks of the bat-wing....that will go on my list of things to do...kinda wish he's jsut stick ot running his usual machines....:lol:

Beauty pics Jim.

I just saw that wesspur mentions arboristsite and tree buzz under forums but not the TH???

What happened I thought we were tight??

Last night they stole my chipper battery...

140 bucks RV/Marine....

I got gas I was like.... where do I find a battery at 5am?

So i stole one.... just kidding... took me 3 hours to track down what i needed.... 20190425_070517.jpg

At least they unbolted it. When they got ours they used bolt cutters and runes the cables as well.

Had a decent day. Boss was a bit over zealous thinking we would be able to get both trees removed today. Long narrow drag and tightish LZ. I threw my back out Monday so I limped through the one today. Really doesn’t bother me climbing but I’m very cautious not to agitate it. One of my toes feels numb so not a good sign. I’m off tomorrow and doing a Fids and Fibers class all week end. Hopefully rest it up

I was thinking the same -- shock them if they try to steal the battery! Wire it up to ziggle them good unless you push a hidden switch to access it.

Yea, an electric fence connected to a metal screen around the battery or something. Maybe rig up a car horn to sound if a main cable gets disconnected.

I hate it when baby squirrels go in the chipper. Hollow maple log yesterday, started chipping then heard the tell-tale squeaks. Probably after a couple had already gone through. One was then clinging to the feed wheel so I reversed it & stopped it. Scooped it up with some bark peelings and took it to a nearby bush, hopefully to be reclaimed by its mother. Another baby was under the feed table on the ground, put it with its brother. Don't like hurting baby animals or birds, even unintentionally!

Yes, first pigeon nest of the year last week, couple of squabs.

There’s no way you can move the nest so I just place the chicks under a bush.

Never a good feeling.

To be eaten alive, as is Nature.

I euthanize them with a 90mph fastball against some hard surface. They don't feel a thing.

I figure a few more hours of life is better than the alternative, by the time the cats find them, they’ll have expired or as good as.

Back