Page 6277 of 6277 FirstFirst ... 52775777617762276267627562766277
Results 62,761 to 62,764 of 62764

Thread: How'd it go today?

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Sad. I always fear that, living in this old-ass frame house. I'm sure it's outta code.

That sucks!

We had a slash and burn kind of day yesterday same for today. Lot clearing no chipping or fine raking, dump the tree two three cuts and to the burn pile.

Our Morbark M12R chipper died yesterday. It started blowing thick white smoke and lost all power. My first thought was the turbo went out but I started checking the easy stuff first. Maybe water in the fuel or a clogged fuel filter. Drained a half a cup or so from the filter; it was pretty dirty but no water. Maybe gunk in the fuel tank had clogged the pickup line? Disconnected the fuel line and blew back through into the tank. Seemed to be clear. Next, I pulled the plug on the bottom of the tank to drain some fuel out. Seemed to be ok there too. Has to be the filter. Pulled it off, rinsed and blew it clean. Still no joy. Maybe the fuel pump quit? Unusual but possible. Pulled the fuel line off of the outlet side, turned on the key; nothing. Dead fuel pump. Out of frustration I whacked it with the screwdriver and the darn thing started pumping. Put everything back together and it worked fine for about ten minutes. Another whack on the fuel pump and it worked again. So now I just ordered a new pump. Couldn't locate one locally. Online prices were running over $700 to $1,200 but I found a new one on eBay for $450 with the "Make an Offer" option. Offered $350 and it was accepted. It should arrive in a few days; in the meantime, with any luck we can limp it through a few more days.
    "The mind is the limiting factor." ~Robin Brown, aka Brownie

You can get an external fuel pump at any auto parts store for maybe like 20 bucks... will definitely get you going again till you get the internal one, or just run the external one.
    Kyle