O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Do you use the Husky face mask with the muffs? That's my intention with mine eventually. I have the one made for the Vertex, but it's wearing out, and I'm not super fond of the new Vertex mounting system. It's kind of fiddly, and doesn't always properly lock in place. I have a Husky forestry helmet, but I used the muffs on one of my Vertexes, and it looks like the faceshield will work well enough. I use that for ground stuff, and the plastic visor in-tree. I find the big shields get caught up too much in branches. What I'd really like is a low profile visor made with screening instead of plastic. That would be the best of both worlds, cause the plastic is hot. I have to raise/lower that, or else it'll be covered in fog/sweat in minutes.

Do you use the Husky face mask with the muffs? That's my intention with mine eventually. I have the one made for the Vertex, but it's wearing out, and I'm not super fond of the new Vertex mounting system. It's kind of fiddly, and doesn't always properly lock in place. I have a Husky forestry helmet, but I used the muffs on one of my Vertexes, and it looks like the faceshield will work well enough. I use that for ground stuff, and the plastic visor in-tree. I find the big shields get caught up too much in branches. What I'd really like is a low profile visor made with screening instead of plastic. That would be the best of both worlds, cause the plastic is hot. I have to raise/lower that, or else it'll be covered in fog/sweat in minutes.
I know you don't want to spend the money but the Protos truly is the answer you are looking for. Built in muffs and face screen, lightweight, vented, and very comfortable. I had a Petzl prior and there is no comparison.

And as a bonus you get to look like one of the Power Rangers!

Yup. That's my intention with mine after my Vertex shield gets thoroughly trashed. I have that mesh also, which replaced the steel mesh it came with. I like the heavier coarser screen. The fine mesh lights up when sun hits it right, and makes it hard to see.

edit:
The fine mesh also plugs bad when brushcutting...

20210722_111124.jpg

:^D

Last edited:
Back