O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Lockjack that I bought for another newer climber to use. I've tried it for a week and he's not getting it.
150' of Stablebraid to replace the rope that I cooked because I'm too lazy to set blocks for some big stuff.
Some Tri-act biners to replace my favorite screw locks (I know, I know).
Lumberjack show this weekend. I'm sure the list will grow.
Phil

The brown truck came to my house yesterday...............with some outdoor high quality Terra speakers for out on the deck by the hot tub. Now the installer just needs to get here and all will be well.

My buddy wires systems in night clubs, automated houses and the like for a living, so I am gonna have him do it so all looks professional.

No magic brown van today... but I forgot to show that I am now a certified card carryin' Silky Zubat owner!

My daughter Kaitlin thought that her cat Sarah needed to be in the picture with the Silky.

Plus a new 200 foot hank of Arbormaster Blue-streak! Thanks for the help Carl!:)

Gary

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
nice Gary! and way to go Carl, helpin a brother out... That Zubat will do you well G, careful now, they tend to bite their owners at least once just to remind you to cut careful!

And if there's a good amount of force behind it, that silky will cut through a rope almost as easily as a chainsaw.
Be careful up there man! :)

well here is the gear i bought on a trip to my local store this morning.

gear.jpg

jamie:evil:

After 2 years of using a fanno with the original blade, I broke down today and grabbed a Zubat. Sucks having a Vermeer 2 miles from your house!

What are you guys doing for a scabbard configuration on this puppy? I know I've read somewhere of people not liking the scabbard it comes with. All help appreciated!

Thanks!

I use mine as is. hang it off my tool belt. for the few times I climb, I use a weaver belting scabbard on my saddle. hope you like the saw, same warning as Gasoline got, be careful! It will wanna bite you at least once !

Brendon, congrats on the Zubat. I used the scabbard as is until after the second time it came apart on me while in the tree. I ended up drilling a small hole through the crappy snap coupler and secured it with an aluminum rivet. Now it can't come apart on me by accident. I've had one or two scabbards break on me as well.

MB. nice anti theft device in that second truck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No pics but I decide to cruise the local pawn shops today. Got me an 8 gallon 2hp compressor for $199 and a mig welder for another $199. Finally I can open the doors on the back of my chip truck without opening the tailgate

No pics but I decide to cruise the local pawn shops today. Got me an 8 gallon 2hp compressor for $199 and a mig welder for another $199. Finally I can open the doors on the back of my chip truck without opening the tailgate

What mig did you get?

I just ordered mine 5 minutes ago, along with a host of other odds and ends...

Treated myself to these today, nice to be able to afford Shigo's book now !!

diagnosis of ill health in trees is a usefull book it helped me get through my Natinal Diploma.

Yeah I'm impressed, must go and get it in from the Landy so I can have a read :)

Back