Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Home made things for tree work

Nobody wears velcro shoes. I think that its simply a matter of if they feel like learning. If they were about to be fired over it, they would learn RIGHT NOW!!!!!

If you tell them not to come into work until they are done being Day 10 rookies. 180 days in...

If they are wearing velcro or slip-on, be worried, very very worried.

A double-slipped square knot is way harder than a bowline...my daughter, who is 6 can tie both a shoe-lace knot (double-slipped square knot) and a robe-belt knot (double-slipped square knot). She is about to progress to a clove-hitch. By the time she's 8, she will tie a clove behind her back, guaranteed (she likes magic, and trying to do things behind her back).

Use Mick's approach, and call they DTR until they can not be DTR (day 10 rookie). From then on call them groundies, until they want to be a Groundman or Arborist's Assistant. Ask they if they want to be a stick-monkey, not a Groundman. Maybe that all they want.

If someone kept teasing me about being a waste of space, because I was being a waste of space, I'd prove them wrong in a heartbeat...but then again, I'm not a groundie for a reason.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

What’s my approach?
    Iím condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

Giving each other a hard time, like the guy stopping for the wank while tipping...

This might go beyond the 'give each other a hard time'.

For me, if I'm doing second grade math in 10th grade, by analogy, I would take a brick over the head of subtlety from my boss, rather than get fired for incompetence.
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpshot View Post
    Daisy chain hitch has the appearance of "lotsa knots," but it comes undone easily and is an easy learn for the knot-challenged.

You funny man......
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.