Blank Profiles SUCK!

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I hate it when I view a members profile and there's nothing there, or maybe two words. It doesn't need to be your life story, but at least put something on most of the lines. Doing that allows all of us get to know the others better. And please - ASAP, give us a first name other than your username. Heck, you can make one up or use your real name - it doesn't matter. I recently turned down an Elder nomination because none of us even knew their first name.

Can I get a wut wut???

Ammended mine.

It's nice the care and attention you put into your site.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, and any suggestions are always welcome. I might not always use em, but they're always considered! ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For sure - ain't nothing wrong with being a 'lil vague, if you wanna.

Absolutely. Many here are well aware of my aversion to posting my last name or address on the public forum. Too many wackos out there to chance it. But this is a relatively small and tight community with only a couple hundred active, core members and it's nice to get to know each other a little.

Newer members might also take time to recognize that we have virtually NO spam here. I think maybe 1 or 2 spammers have been able to get registered and post spam in the last 3 years, and I have never once received spam through the PM or profile email option.

Just looked at mine for the first time and found a bunch of messages from months ago:|: N ot up with all this IT stuff.......

I agree with what Butch says.

Heck I can get a new computer and log in on a different name through a different server, and all that. Who the heck would know me? Really.

Sounds like fun, but really it's scary. the internet is not secure at all.

Anybody who thinks it is, is living in a dream world.

Back